Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageThe cults of East Dulwich
Posted by TheArtfulDogger 02 May, 2019 22:07

Today, I learnt that there is at least one cult in East Dulwich, maybe more

LowLander has kindly identified one for us
"EDIBA are like a cult; everyone draws around them and denies their existence, yet at the same time promotes them. "

In his thread [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

I'm excited and scared at the same time, do the cult members dance and chant in the nip in Dulwich Park ? Or is that witches ?

Do they wear pillow cases on their heads and burn effigies of council leaders ? Or is that reserved for 5th November ?

How do you join?

Most of all are there other cults out there ? Maybe the Troll Cult is one !

Who knows anything about these "cults" because they are news to me?

I have to admit I had to careful check when I entered "cult" as I could have so easily misspent it 🤓

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by Maybaby 02 May, 2019 22:55

When I first read that quote, I thought it was more of a definition for a secret society (and I was tempted to post that!), however, I decided it best not to give anyone any ideas.

I wouldn't want The Grand Master to get involved...

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by KalamityKel 02 May, 2019 23:10

Maybaby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I first read that quote, I thought it was
> more of a definition for a secret society (and I
> was tempted to post that!), however, I decided it
> best not to give anyone any ideas.
>
> I wouldn't want The Grand Master to get
> involved...

There are eyes everywhere! :o

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by Spartacus 03 May, 2019 00:31

Clowns are part of a cult I think

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by Captain Marvel 03 May, 2019 09:04

Careful spelling there Dog

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by KalamityKel 03 May, 2019 09:04

No that's just a vicious rumour started by dandelions - Re: Clowns



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:05:03:09:05:06 by KalamityKel.

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by dbboy 03 May, 2019 10:04

no.2) east DAG

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by Hemingway 03 May, 2019 12:09

Are the clique in the cult?

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by TheArtfulDogger 03 May, 2019 13:52

Now we have the ship cult, or the pirate cult according to LowLander

Lowlander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I donít have photo. I happen to know two ship
> owners quite well, both have posters up but
> neither has heard of EDIBA but Iím never going to
> get around asking more in the foreseeable future.


Are there more cults around then anyone knew ?

Wonder where these ones meet ?

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by KalamityKel 03 May, 2019 14:23

Someone say chips?

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by TheArtfulDogger 03 May, 2019 15:09

That's a bit fishy kel, a chip cult

Have you been on the malt vinegar again ?

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by KalamityKel 03 May, 2019 15:51

Just the sauce winking smiley

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by peckham_ryu 03 May, 2019 16:17

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Ah, a cargo cult!

> Now we have the ship cult, or the pirate cult
> according to LowLander
>
> Lowlander Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I donít have photo. I happen to know two ship
> > owners quite well, both have posters up ...

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by TheArtfulDogger 03 May, 2019 17:19

peckham_ryu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TheArtfulDogger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Ah, a cargo cult!
>
> > Now we have the ship cult, or the pirate cult
> > according to LowLander
> >
> > Lowlander Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I donít have photo. I happen to know two ship
>
> > > owners quite well, both have posters up ...

OMG

That explains all the cargo pants I've been seeing recently.

Thank the Lord there isn't a dungarees cult otherwise it will be dexys for us all... (Come on, you know what I mean)

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by Davis 04 May, 2019 07:00

I feel members of the Gentrification cult are the most active in West Peckham. They can be easily identified by their continual reference to West Peckham as East Dulwich.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:05:04:07:51:26 by Davis.

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by KalamityKel 04 May, 2019 09:02

Davis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel members of the Gentrification cult are the
> most active in West Peckham. They can be easily
> identified by their continual reference to West
> Peckham as East Dulwich.

Yes but they're from Peckham... 'nuff said winking smiley

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by TheArtfulDogger 04 May, 2019 10:01

KalamityKel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Davis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I feel members of the Gentrification cult are
> the
> > most active in West Peckham. They can be easily
> > identified by their continual reference to West
> > Peckham as East Dulwich.
>
> Yes but they're from Peckham... 'nuff said winking smiley


However they used to claim they were from the Bellenden Village Cult 🤔



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:05:04:10:01:24 by TheArtfulDogger.

messageRe: The cults of East Dulwich
Posted by malumbu 05 May, 2019 00:21

For historical correctness the Cult were formally the Dealth Cult, and originally the Southern Health Cult. The original were the best (forget Wayne Hussey although there has been a lot of rain today)


Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum