Just got a penalty charge Camberwell new road . Worth appealing ?

LanaJade

Got a pesky fine, I was stopped on a box junction right at the end as I misjudged the space thinking the van ahead would move forward more. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience in winning the appeals? I will attach a photo of the fine .

seenbeen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Do not enter the box unless your exit is clear"-

> if I recall

Correct.....LanaJade, I sympathise, because it's often hard to judge and (probably) most of us have got it wrong in the past and learned the hard way.

Appeals are generally successful when penalties are issued in error, where there's an element of doubt, where there are extenuating circumstances or, occasionally, where there's been a recent change of policy that may not be widely known.

Unfortunately I don't think any of those apply here. Don't feel too badly about it though, it's a fairly easy mistake to make. For each of your 3 months driving I've been driving over a decade and I get caught out like that now and again.

System is flawed in that there is zero tolerance for some offences which may be fairly benign or due to genuine mistakes, but bugger all enforcement for some of the more serious stuff. I've had my fair share of fines - some justified others disproportionate wh4en a telling off would suffice such as a bus lane in the early hours when there was no traffic (mentally I'm thinking bus lanes are for normal traffic) but still no excuse, but alienates you as a responsible driver.

I got caught in Norwood on a yellow box (so beware out there). I had entered a yellow box because I could see the traffic was moving and calculated I wouldn't be stuck there ? I actually stopped for about 5 seconds with my back wheels still in the box (it's all on camera) waiting a polite distance from the car in front to move forward. I was causing no obstruction. If I had known I was being filmed I could have closed up very tight to the car in front and got away with it :( but that isn't grounds for appeal, you have to keep moving apparently.

I got a ticket about a year ago ,in the yellow box outside peckham bus garage .Sam as you my back wheels ,and boot.in yellow box.I appealed saying I wasn't blocking buses going into the terminal,or buses coming out .I wasn't causing an obstruction to any other traffic.got caught out when lights other side of box changed red,not enough space to move further forward ticket was cancelled

teddyboy23 Wrote:

> I got a ticket about a year ago ,in the yellow box

> outside peckham bus garage .Sam as you my back

> wheels ,and boot.in yellow box.I appealed saying I

> wasn't blocking buses going into the terminal,or

> buses coming out .I wasn't causing an obstruction

> to any other traffic.got caught out when lights

> other side of box changed red,not enough space to

> move further forward ticket was cancelled

you were lucky - I was done in the same spot a few years ago for identical reasons - thought I had space, but car in front of me stopped short so I couldnt clear the box. They upheld the fine annoyingly as a bus couldnt get out, but its made me paranoid ever since!

Hi thanks for this, If I appeal and it is not unheld would I then need to pay the whole fine and miss out on the "half price" fine within 14 days.

teddyboy23 Wrote:

> I got a ticket about a year ago ,in the yellow box

> outside peckham bus garage .Sam as you my back

> wheels ,and boot.in yellow box.I appealed saying I

> wasn't blocking buses going into the terminal,or

> buses coming out .I wasn't causing an obstruction

> to any other traffic.got caught out when lights

> other side of box changed red,not enough space to

> move further forward ticket was cancelled

If you appeal you don't have to pay the full fine but you must appeal within the time limits.

Passiflora Wrote:

> Yes, you would need to pay the whole fine.

LanaJade Wrote:

> Hi thanks for this, If I appeal and it is not

> unheld would I then need to pay the whole fine and

> miss out on the "half price" fine within 14 days.

Have a look at London Councils' "Understanding Parking Penalties" https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/parking-services/parking-and-traffic/parking-advice-members-public/understanding-parking#The%20Charge%20Certificate.

On a lighter note.about 7 months ago the road where I live was resurfaced.in a couple of places the new tarmac came right up to the edge of the pavement.anyway parked on one of these spots returned later that day ,to find a PNC on my car.upon opening it I was being fined for parking in front of a dropped kerbanyway couldn't take any photos on my phone as the camera wasn't working as I wanted some evidence to support appeal.so went to Argos bought a ?50 digital camera took several photos of the road and my car .took the camera to asda old Kent road .down loaded photos ?7 writ my appeal out .put in envelope with photos ,then sent by recorded delivery ?6_80..got a reply within 2 weeks ticket had been cancelled.so all in all I spent ?63_80 to get a?65 pcn callelled .👍

Went to Alleynns Head for a meal week ago ,got ticket in the car park ,?50.00 within 14 Days or ?100.00,tried ringing Parking Company just goes to Payment only,no one to speak to. Went to see Landlord of Alleynns Head,who got it cancelled in front of us .So massive thanks Rob ,