Eon smart meters electricity

dbboy

Does anyone have any experience of using Eon smart meters once installed. How do they work? How reliable/accurate are they? Would you recommend them? Any issues, snags or concerns once installed?

thanks

Bulb installed mine via a private contractor. It failed to work and the Bulb person on the phone said it was testing problems. I'd have preferred to wait till there were none but my keenness went against me. It seems that they haven't got the training up to spec, at least in my case, because what Bulb said (about one aspect of the fitting) did not tally at all with the engineer's view. Good idea, bad execution (but anything to stop people wasting fuel is a good idea).

I wouldnt bother at the moment. I got one with my previous supplier then changed and was told new supplier doesnt support them . Also thing on radio 4 about current generation of mtrs being rushed out and will have to be updated to another generation soon anyway. I would wait

I would, its just as my tariff renews, Eon have included in their t&c's that a smart meter is compulsory for the cheaper tariff I want to switch to as my current tariff with them expires shortly. I have already had round one of arguments with them saying I don't want one as I provide regular readings and pay monthly direct.

They arent complusory at the moment . Energy companies have targets to meet but the current generation of meters are basically absolete . Im all for saving energy in light of climate change but also agree like to have a payment equally throughout the year

Also had three missed appointments to fit the smart meter , then another when the bloke didnt have the right fitting then when finally done got a ridiculos pipe sticking about a foot above this tiny absolete meter . I bkane the eu😁