Rugby World Cup 2019 - Japan

TheCat

This thread may sit dormant for a while, as the RWC is still a number of months away, but starting a thread to perhaps see ongoing discussion as we roll towards (and throughout) the tournament.

My one liners on the main contenders:

New Zealand: Still the top of the heap, but I think more vulnerable than they have been in a while

Australia: Coached by a bully with zero technical acumen. Only a serious change in direction from recent 'strategy' can see the Wallabies advance past the Qtr Finals.

South Africa: Showed some great improvement last year under new coach. If it comes together properly for them this year, some of their talent is scary good.

England: Steady Eddie knows how to prepare a team for a world cup. As long as the players can handle the pressure, I see England going a long way in this tournament

Wales: Will win their pool (wallabies being the other major in their pool); but as good as they have been recently, I cant see them stepping up to the next level to beat the heavyweights 3 weeks in a row to take the title.

Ireland: Less than 12 months ago lauded as the best team in teh world. What the hec happengin in the 6 nations? Have they been figured out?

Scotland: Much improved, but still cant see them progressing past qtrs.

France: Who knows....

My fearless prediction...an England vs South Africa Final.....

(NB: I am Australian, which may explain my anger above directed towards the wallabies setup)

Maybe Australia can go (all the way). new Zealand good team good (neighbours) south Africa have the (power and the passion). England if they win all games (home and away). Wales if they can keep (possession). Ireland (you never know ). Scotland are they as good as (the class of 74 ). France out early and (return to eden) 😉

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...