Piermont village?

BigD77

Are rumours about Piermont Village true? I?ve heard from a few different people that Piermont green is going to be part of Piermont village - a renaming thing probably for house prices! Sounds like a good idea - especially if it increases house prices!

There?s me thinking it was the delightful truffle hunting ground of Piedmont, one of 20 regions of the country which borders the Liguria region to the south, the Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna regions to the east and the Aosta Valley region to the northwest, where in the autumn the delicious and much prized tuber is hunted out.

But no sadly, we?re talking up ?Piermont village? green, where people are more likely to take their dogs to be emptied, than dig up a truffle.

I think it would be a good thing - creates an identity for a place. It may also up the standard of the shops on Forest Hill Rd - some great oafes...and two timber window outlets. I heard about Piermont Village in the Herne!

I used to live in a village, and I couldn?t think of any where with a less village like feel then this area, I live within walking distance.

We?re still in ?the shops? territory with this strip of retail property.

Bellenden Road has way more village credentials, with a butcher, a cafe or 4, a connivence store, and relatively safe street crossing. And it still gets derided.

Maybe it?ll stick in some people's mind, but it?s a stretch.

We shouldn't mock. One spring after a particularly wet winter, a couple of Mallards took residence in an impromptu pond by the 'big house', now if that isn't village life I don't know what is. Just needs a cricket team and a County Lines drug cartel and it's official...