The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place

DulwichFox

The big drivers for pizza's world takeover:

1 - children love it (well, lots of them do)

2 - you can get away with poor table manners - seriously, who eats a whole pizza with a knife and fork

3 - the profit margins are huge - it's very cheap to produce so, provided you get enough customers, you can make a canny profit for relatively little outlay. (Ignoring set-up costs, refurbs, etc).

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rosetta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I like good pizza. If you haven?t tried Theo?s

> in

> > Camberwell then you should. They have more

> than

> > pizza too.

>

>

> I do not like Cheese and I do not like tomato.cooked tomatoes have a lit of lycopene which is good for you.

Pizzas are awful. Unhealthy, full of fat and bad carbs. Basically a dolled up bit of Welsh Rarebit.

If this continues, our high street will be the exclusive destination for wealthy foodies and no one else. Sad news.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Pizzas are awful. Unhealthy, full of fat and bad

> carbs. Basically a dolled up bit of Welsh

> Rarebit.

>

> If this continues, our high street will be the

> exclusive destination for wealthy foodies and no

> one else. Sad news.

>

> Louisa.

The pizza I had in Naples the other day wasn't awful.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Pizzas are awful. Unhealthy, full of fat and bad

> carbs. Basically a dolled up bit of Welsh

> Rarebit.

>

> If this continues, our high street will be the

> exclusive destination for wealthy foodies and no

> one else. Sad news.

>

> Louisa.

Welsh Rarebit should have mustard,herbs, extra breadcrumbs etc. added and the cheese mixture lightly cooked before being added to the toast and then grilled :) Better than pizza if done properly.

JohnL Wrote:

> Loutwo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Pizzas are awful. Unhealthy, full of fat and

> bad

> > carbs. Basically a dolled up bit of Welsh

> > Rarebit.

> >

> > If this continues, our high street will be the

> > exclusive destination for wealthy foodies and

> no

> > one else. Sad news.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> Welsh Rarebit should have mustard,herbs, extra

> breadcrumbs etc. added and the cheese mixture

> lightly cooked before being added to the toast and

> then grilled :) Better than pizza if done

> properly.

On this point I have to agree. Authentic Welsh Rarebit pisses all over pizzas bonfire party! Wait til the metro elite find out about it, it?ll be 10 quid a pop in some lifeless artisan spot on a edgy high street somewhere.

Louisa.

Moaning about a new pizza place? I'm thankful its not a dominos, or fast food chain.

A destination for wealthy foodies and nothing else? Sorry, please educate me as to why ED is a destination for anything else?

Sad to see that Loutwo doesn't know what Welsh rarebit is...

Happy Thursday

A new pizza place when there is something similar less than 50 yards in the other direction seems ludicrous to me, and many others I?m sure. We currently need a lot of things on this high street, but we don?t have them. Mostly because, the wealthy foodies can bring in more money than useable shops for ordinary people. Money speaks, as usual.

Also I don?t need patronising on what cheese on toast looks like, and yes FYI, I am being ironic here.

Louisa.

Oh Louisa! Please do continue. You are a bonafide parody of yourself!

Loutwo Wrote:

> Foxy it?s cold because it?s it?s a wafer thin

> dough that?s been topped with various inedible

> ingredients. In Italy it?s a snack, they don?t

> treat it like a dinner. Not like people here do.

>

> Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Foxy it?s cold because it?s it?s a wafer thin

> dough that?s been topped with various inedible

> ingredients. In Italy it?s a snack, they don?t

> treat it like a dinner. Not like people here do.

>

> Louisa.

1/10 and rehashing your classic "posh cheese on toast" troll. Pizza is some high end dish for the metrololitan elite. Lolz.

Dress it up however you like, we have a high street aimed at wealthy foody types, at the expense of a useable high street which reflects the wider population. Those are the uneasy facts, which are of course, uncomfortable for the metropolitan elite to have to admit to.

Louisa.

Proper pizzas aren't that unhealthy at all. Yes they have cheese but it's no more unhealthy than a cheese and tomato sandwich. I make them myself once or twice a month.

500 degrees is the one in Herne Hill isn't it? It's not exactly a multi-national chain, they have 3 outlets all fairly local to this area. Not exactly Pizza Express. I hear the pizzas are very nice.

Good luck to them.

Please stop making everything into a class war.

I think you'll find high streets everywhere have lost the 'useful' shops; butchers, bakers, greengrocers etc. hark back to a different time when there were no supermarkets. It's nothing to do with wealth and everything to do with shopping habits.

Fark me

2019 and Louisa and foxy still banging on about pizza, class, wealth and health

A tasty slab of pizza, filling you up in a restaurant setting for ?8 - truly the 1% have taken over

Grow up you two. I know you haven?t managed it in at least 6 decades but give it a go

Sephiroth, as you know, I am not one to instigate an argument, but I am one who will call out the elephant in the room. Do we REALLY need yet another pizza establishment in ED? Serious question. Because I can name at least two hands worth of different types of pizza within a quarter of a mile, and that?s a very conservative estimate.

Louisa.