Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Loutwo June 08, 01:41PM

Foxy, do you know if the new restaurant will have fraught beers on tap, or will it be bottled varieties only? I am willing to give it a go if they do beer on tap.

Louisa.

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by DulwichFox June 08, 02:08PM

Loutwo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Foxy, do you know if the new restaurant will have
> fraught beers on tap, or will it be bottled
> varieties only? I am willing to give it a go if
> they do beer on tap.
>
> Louisa.

Hi Louisa.

I've no idea. The website for their Brixton site does not give any details of drinks available.

Foxy

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Sephiroth June 08, 03:11PM

The Brixton menu on their website does list beers

Heineken and Moretti on draft

A pale ale and a couple of others in cans/bottle

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Scottfield June 08, 04:16PM

I spoke to the owners last night as they were fixing the sign above the shop. I asked if the Pizzas would be wood fired and he confirmed they would be. I literally punched the air in jubilation at hearing this. So excited I forgot to ask if they were also stone baked. Can anyone confirm?

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Sue June 08, 04:28PM

Sephiroth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Brixton menu on their website does list beers
>
> Heineken and Moretti on draft
>
> A pale ale and a couple of others in cans/bottle


Draft is good news.

The pale ale and lager at Franco Manca is relatively expensive.

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Seabag June 12, 09:09PM

Couldnít we had a fusion of two tropes of the EDF. Maybe a Curry House X a Pizza Joint

Mama Popa Domís

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by DulwichFox June 13, 08:32AM

Walked passed last night 9.00pm Seating installed and Wood fired Oven visibly on.
Don't they take a couple of days to get up to full temperature? Some places Never turn them off, ??

Looks bigger for some reason. A pleasant looking make over. I feel it probably do well.

DulwichFox

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by fishbiscuits June 13, 02:18PM

Seabag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Couldnít we had a fusion of two tropes of the EDF. Maybe a Curry House X a Pizza Joint
>
> Mama Popa Domís

A Jalfrizza for me, please.

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Seabag June 13, 07:13PM

DulwichFox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is it that Pizzas that are cooked in an oven
> between 450 and 500 degrees F (250 to 260 degrees
> C)
>
> But 30 seconds after being put on a plate and
> served up at your table they are typically stone
> cold. ??

I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice, if you can eat a pizza 31 seconds (without stopping to huff and puff it cool) of it coming out cooked from a wood fired oven.

You name the place, Iíll set up the challenge.

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by DulwichFox June 13, 07:52PM

Seabag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DulwichFox Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is it that Pizzas that are cooked in an
> oven
> > between 450 and 500 degrees F (250 to 260
> degrees
> > C)
> >
> > But 30 seconds after being put on a plate and
> > served up at your table they are typically
> stone
> > cold. ??
>
> I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice, if
> you can eat a pizza 31 seconds (without stopping
> to huff and puff it cool) of it coming out cooked
> from a wood fired oven.
>
> You name the place, Iíll set up the challenge.

I seldom eat Pizza. Never in a Restaurant. You know that.
I'm ill. I can just about manage 1/2 a 9" Margaretta
Anyway I'm going into Hospital tomorrow morning for Surgery under General anaesthetic.
The procedure is complicated and comes with risks.

The last thing on my mind at the moment is Pizza.

DF

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by fishbiscuits June 13, 09:21PM

Good luck foxucus, hope it all goes well. Surgeons are clever buggers. I'm sure you'll be back here, telling everyone that you don't like pizza before you know it.

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by KrackersMaracas June 14, 07:43PM

Just a quick update - they are now open and the pizzas are completely delicious!

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Seabag Yesterday, 03:05AM

Is there a curry version?

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by bob Yesterday, 03:53PM

Good luck with the op hope to see you in the EDT soon
Bob s

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by Sue Today, 09:30AM

Hope it went OK Dulwich Fox and you will soon be in good health again.

messageRe: The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place
Posted by DulwichFox Today, 11:54AM

Sue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope it went OK Dulwich Fox and you will soon be
> in good health again.

Thank you Sue

My condition is not 'curable' It all went well though and I am now 'Stent Free' but I will have the same procedure in a few months time to see if anything has changed.At the moment I can eat only a few mouthfuls of any food. about 100gms.
I get 3 meals out of a T/a curry Can work out quite cheap smiling smiley

Anyway I started this thread to talk about The New Pizza Place where Jaflong used to be.
I think it opened while I was away, as did Saucy.
Not had a chance to see them yet. Yet to ventured out of the house.

I'm sure they will both do well. It's totally down to them. There is a lot of competition.

Foxy

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum