Who will be the next Prime Minister

malumbu

I was excited to see that Toyah was standing. Well it wont be a mystery, or boring, and she will hopefully turn things inside out and upside down. She'd have my vote, if I was a member. And I'm only two degrees of separation away from her too.

Don?t know is the short answer.

I realise more people will stand and we don?t yet know all the candidates.

I don?t think either Boris or Gove will become PM. Boris - clever yes, but an international statesman? No in my opinion. Gove? Yes, clever again, but a bit slippery.

Jeremy Hunt might be an outsider. Penny Mordant a dark horse?

?Boris, clever yes?

Jesus. Based on what evidence?

Anyway the question isn?t who will be next prime minister. The question is ?for how long??

Given the voter base (rabid, detached from reality) it will be someone promising rainbows. Then that person meets reality

I say Johnson wins, promising hard brexit, then does a full 180 and his supporters, like the attention-deficient simpletons they are, will be all ?but whyyyyyyy??? How could you??????

Twitter ye not (copyright Frankie Howerd), Very lazy dbboy quoting others rather than having your own opinion. When Esther wins it she will have a crimson court - very progressive. I'm getting my lighter out now and can see millions of small flames on the horizon. Derek Jarman is watching us from above.

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Larry the cat is the obvious choice

>

> He won't roll over at the first offer of a belly

> rub....

He will for Dreamies, everyone has their vulnerabilities ...

The last two get picked by the Tory MPs, so who can offer them the most. They want to keep their seats, they don't want an election but if there was an election they need to win back Brexit Party voters.

How long would a new PM last.

Spreadsheet Phil hinted strongly that he (and others) would vote for a no confidence vote if a 'no deal' was tabled.

The European Election Results seem to have proved that if there were to be a second Referendum

the vote to leave would be much stronger.

Remainers should take note.

East Dulwich is a tiny insignificant place and will not influence the overall view of the country.

I really hope Jeremy Corbyn will not become PM. That would be disastrous for this country.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> The European Election Results seem to have proved

> that if there were to be a second Referendum

> the vote to leave would be much stronger.

>

> Remainers should take note.

>

> East Dulwich is a tiny insignificant place and

> will not influence the overall view of the

> country.

>

> I really hope Jeremy Corbyn will not become PM.

> That would be disastrous for this country.

'After weeks of wall-to-wall coverage of the Brexiters - be it Nigel Farage or the circus of Tory leadership candidates - it was Remain which came out triumphant in the end. The Lib Dems, Greens, SNP, Plaid and Change UK vote share, so far, was 40.4%. The Brexit party and Ukip together was 34.9%.

If you - rather crudely, but not altogether unfairly - add the Labour vote to Remain and the Brexit vote to the Tories, it comes out even starker. Just 44% for Brexit parties and 54.5% for Remain parties.'

There's another thread to discuss the elections, and a further one on Brexit, I'm interested in the next leader of the Tory party. I've almost run out of things to say about Esther Toyah McVey. Oh OK, now you have asked. There is an association with Brian Eno - worryingly more of a Marxist than Jeremy Corbyn. She'd be better having support from another member of Roxy Music - Bryan Ferry (and son) - proper loyal Tories. I am sure that Eric Clapton and Rick Wakeman could also join them.

Apart from Toyah, Rory Stewart seems to talk more sense than most.

diable rouge Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The European Election Results seem to have

> proved

> > that if there were to be a second Referendum

> > the vote to leave would be much stronger.

>

> Hahahahaha!...

I've seen polls that show it may be similar when you look at people who voted in the 2016 referendum.

But we have loads of 15 to 17 year olds (as they were then) who are mainly remain and the longer it goes on the more will join the electorate.

3 million immigrants who didn't vote just been offered "free " British Citizenship (whatever that means - but I take it as no strings)if Gove wins now I see - will the others follow suite. Another Rory Stewart fan here though (comparatively).

Please refrain from needless arguments and throwing rocks over Brexit. Yes that will be the main issue for most of the candidates (if not all). We have Johnson who would trade in his own mother for the job (the rest of his family sound far nicer). Gove the Sociopath. The ones that worry me due to their previous policies - Hunt (loathed at Health) and Javid - who now appear the voice of reason. The nutter from the 1922 committee. But that's my skewed views. DF. Please do join in with your views rather than wind up the Guardianistas. That's too easy. Apologies for the slur, I'm sure I'd be counted as one. And May - pretty rubbish, but history may judge her differently depending on what happens next. (all Dave's fault)