Women?s bikes less than 12kg

alice

Critical Cycles Beaumont-7 Seven Speed Lady's Urban City Commuter Bike

Critical Cycles Beaumont-7 Seven Speed Lady's Urban City Commuter Bike

Unlike many other hybrid bike frames, the frame of Beaumont Urban City Commuter Bike is delicately hand-crafted, high-tensile strength steel.

25lbs apparently ,mixed reviews and I'm not sure where you'd buy it !

It's not difficult to find a women's hybrid or road bike weighing less than 12kg (though it depends on frame size, and the final weight depends on what else you might add to it - a rack, for example). It's more difficult to recommend anything without knowing what you want to use the bike for and roughly how much you want to spend. FWIW, I reckon Pinnacle bikes (the Evans house brand) are very good value, especially if you buy last year's model, and both Ridgeback and Trek (which Balfe's stock) are good bikes and have a good range of models at different prices. I hope that helps.

Good questions and helpful advice DaveR .

If I can hijack Alice's thread ,I too would like a bike that is light .Not because I think it will make me go faster but simply to make life easier when I'm lifting it up stairs into a flat or manhandling onto a train .

I'm what I think might be termed a leisure cyclist - 10 mile distances or shorter ,on roads . Comfort important ,ladies/step through bike . And I'm in my 60's and just over 5 '. And only want to spend ?5/600 .

I dont think you will get a light bike fir that price point . Its always spending a little bit more. I would recommend edwardes in camberwell .. they do great deals and will chuck in lights and locks . Id recommend a genesis bike . Steel is slightly heavier that cardom or aluminium but offers a softer ride

Try edwardes . My wife got a 2k kona for 1k and i got a genesis with various bits and pieces (probabably about 1300 quids worth) for 800 quid . Far better than evans or halfords and a local independant business rather than a chain

'Light' shouldnt be your only consideration alice -. My steel (cro moli) bike is relatively heavy but so comfy and great for round town with disc breaks , my ali is light but twitchy and hard and my titanium is both but cists 3k . My advice is set a budget and doublr it ! .. get one with discs if you want to ride in winter