Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageWomenís bikes less than 12kg
Posted by alice June 09, 09:49PM

Anyone got one that they can recommend?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 10, 01:25am by alice.

messageRe: Womenís bikes less than 12kg
Posted by intexasatthe moment June 10, 02:13PM

Critical Cycles Beaumont-7 Seven Speed Lady's Urban City Commuter Bike
Critical Cycles Beaumont-7 Seven Speed Lady's Urban City Commuter Bike
Unlike many other hybrid bike frames, the frame of Beaumont Urban City Commuter Bike is delicately hand-crafted, high-tensile strength steel.

25lbs apparently ,mixed reviews and I'm not sure where you'd buy it !

Posted by alice June 10, 02:24PM

Wow thanks for that Iíll look them up.
Anyone ride a different one?

Posted by DaveR June 10, 05:30PM

It's not difficult to find a women's hybrid or road bike weighing less than 12kg (though it depends on frame size, and the final weight depends on what else you might add to it - a rack, for example). It's more difficult to recommend anything without knowing what you want to use the bike for and roughly how much you want to spend. FWIW, I reckon Pinnacle bikes (the Evans house brand) are very good value, especially if you buy last year's model, and both Ridgeback and Trek (which Balfe's stock) are good bikes and have a good range of models at different prices. I hope that helps.

Posted by intexasatthe moment June 10, 07:49PM

Good questions and helpful advice DaveR .

If I can hijack Alice's thread ,I too would like a bike that is light .Not because I think it will make me go faster but simply to make life easier when I'm lifting it up stairs into a flat or manhandling onto a train .

I'm what I think might be termed a leisure cyclist - 10 mile distances or shorter ,on roads . Comfort important ,ladies/step through bike . And I'm in my 60's and just over 5 '. And only want to spend £5/600 .

Posted by peckman June 11, 10:08AM

I dont think you will get a light bike fir that price point . Its always spending a little bit more. I would recommend edwardes in camberwell .. they do great deals and will chuck in lights and locks . Id recommend a genesis bike . Steel is slightly heavier that cardom or aluminium but offers a softer ride

Posted by intexasatthe moment June 11, 11:04AM

Thanks peckman,I did think I might need to spend more !

Posted by peckman June 11, 01:48PM

You could think about a brompton ? They aont cheap though

Posted by peckman June 11, 01:50PM

Try edwardes . My wife got a 2k kona for 1k and i got a genesis with various bits and pieces (probabably about 1300 quids worth) for 800 quid . Far better than evans or halfords and a local independant business rather than a chain

Posted by alice June 13, 03:11PM

Iíll try Edwards. Online searches donít seem to have weight as a filter.
Thanks all.

Posted by peckman June 13, 08:04PM

'Light' shouldnt be your only consideration alice -. My steel (cro moli) bike is relatively heavy but so comfy and great for round town with disc breaks , my ali is light but twitchy and hard and my titanium is both but cists 3k . My advice is set a budget and doublr it ! .. get one with discs if you want to ride in winter

Posted by peckman June 13, 08:15PM

Whatever bike you choose enjoy it ! Happy biking

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum