Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.no-flies.co.uk

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageAnyone rented their place out recently? Advice please
Posted by HelBel65 June 11, 08:13AM

Looking for advice or recommendations - considering using a local agent such as Daisy Lets or alternatively, doing it privately using an online service such as Open Rent.

Any advice or recent experience appreciated.

Hx

messageRe: Anyone rented their place out recently? Advice please
Posted by mimifantasia87 June 11, 08:50AM

Property inn on lordship lane - good luck

Posted by Penguin68 June 11, 09:02AM

Being a private landlord is now a legal minefield. It may be worthwhile using professionals (you'll pay for their expertise mind) to see you through this, at least for your first tenants. How keen are you on hands-on management (arranging repairs etc.)? - if you are local and know tradesmen, good, otherwise maybe delegate.

Posted by jadebela June 11, 09:55AM

I would recommend Winkworth - really thorough and professional.

Posted by bloodoranges June 11, 11:35AM

I'm a tenant and Winkworth are our letting agents, they are brilliant and it means we have a really good relationship with our landlord

Posted by emu June 11, 11:51AM

We use Daisylets to do the marketing finding tenants references inventory etc and signing up. Then we manage it ourselves during the tenancy. Very satisfied with Daisylets and the tenants were happy as well.

Posted by fishbiscuits June 11, 12:03PM

I use Daisylets - fully managed, as I don't have the time to find tradespeople, or fix things myself. Would recommend.

Posted by HelBel65 June 11, 01:28PM

Thanks folks - appreciate it.

Posted by sarahemjones June 11, 09:28PM

I used OpenRent and had no issues... you can do everything through them..... background checks and contract, inventory if letting furnished and register the deposit.

Iím not sure the fees agents are charging these days really match up to the service you get from them, when there are alternatives online...

Posted by montassa June 12, 02:52PM

I second OpenRent - put my property on using their site -£49 all in - including all the credit checks etc..

The property was posted on Zoopla, Rightmove, Gumtree - had 17 queries all managed on the website, including setting up the times to view property..

Also put a board up.

Let my property in less than a week and all for £49 !!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum