Anyone rented their place out recently? Advice please

HelBel65

Being a private landlord is now a legal minefield. It may be worthwhile using professionals (you'll pay for their expertise mind) to see you through this, at least for your first tenants. How keen are you on hands-on management (arranging repairs etc.)? - if you are local and know tradesmen, good, otherwise maybe delegate.

We use Daisylets to do the marketing finding tenants references inventory etc and signing up. Then we manage it ourselves during the tenancy. Very satisfied with Daisylets and the tenants were happy as well.

I used OpenRent and had no issues... you can do everything through them..... background checks and contract, inventory if letting furnished and register the deposit.

I?m not sure the fees agents are charging these days really match up to the service you get from them, when there are alternatives online...

I second OpenRent - put my property on using their site -?49 all in - including all the credit checks etc..

The property was posted on Zoopla, Rightmove, Gumtree - had 17 queries all managed on the website, including setting up the times to view property..

Also put a board up.

Let my property in less than a week and all for ?49 !!