Cleaning Laminate Flooring.

DulwichFox

I'm looking for advice on Cleaning Laminate Flooring.

I've looked at some YouTube Vids. but methods vary.

Cleaning Mops, sponge head mops, Cleaning fluids, Water and Vinegar ???

Any tips much appreciated.

DulwichFox

ETA Cannot get the surface too wet.

I know you?ve got to be careful not to get the floor too wet, but I let the cleaner get on with mopping the whole lot with Flash like any other floor, and it?s done no harm. As long as the mop is reasonably wrung out, it doesn?t slosh water everywhere.

Of course always use very well cleaned and wrung out mops / clothes and make sure you do not leave too much chemicals residue on the floor.

Choice of products and frequency of wet cleaning mostly depends on what your laminate floor is made of (resins, plastic, wood?)

Secondly how do you use the floor, if you have kids eating and playing around dropping sticky and oily food, if you do daily hoovering or not, if you use boots and trainers or dirty shoes inside the house or not, if you have pets and so on and so forth.

Finally, there is a huge difference in what you can do for good maintenance, hygiene and health if your laminate floor is in a dry and well ventilate house / flat or in a ground floor subject to mould and damp - there are few places in Dulwich / East Dulwich and surrounding areas that have not been built upon or very close to streams of water, rivers and natural ponds covered in Victorian times and during last Century.

Best of luck and do not hesitate to get in touch or ask for a quote if you want a professionally cleaned floor

Maria

The floor was solid with Large ceramic tiles.

The floor was then screeded all over to include areas not tiled to level the floor.

An Aluminium backed insulating underlay was laid and a high quality interlocking laminate was laid.

The floor was laid over the entire Kichen to cover areas under all units.

The joints are virtually invisible so not too worried about water seepage.

DulwichFox

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can you not contact the supplier or manufacturer

> to get their advice on how to clean the floor?

>

> I'd have thought that would be your best way

> forward?

The flooring was supplied from Howdens. Not Cheap. Could give them a ring. Thanks

I have checked for curiosity as I have a client with the same type of floor and it looks like they do not disclose the specific glue their product is made of so if you have spilled something that does not go away it may be a bit of a pain-in-the-ass job...

Anyhow, I hope you have sorted in the meantime. If no, they say to do what I usually do that is (copying here from their website):

"Do not use steam mops or cleaners

Do not leave standing water on the floor, wipe up any spills immediately

General cleaning of the floor should be done using a soft broom or vacuum cleaner

A well rung out mop can also be used periodically, however avoid the use of excess water

We recommend that floor mats are used at entrances to the property - this will help avoid abrasive particles damaging the surface

Do not use abrasive cleaning materials: scouring powders, steel wool, metal brushes etc. "

I usually dilute kind of a spoon of bleach in the bucket of water I soak the mop in and that (very well wrung out as said) works quite well

Maria