5G Network Rollout & Health Concerns

paco

Hi All

Does anyone know anything about this?

I was in Hastings where a friend was talking about a campaign to stop 5G being rolled out in the town.

I don't know much about this, but understand 5G is already in London - is that right?

My friend said that they put devices on the top of every lamppost - perhaps that is what I can see in my street.

A quick search brought up this:

EU 5G Appeal ? 180 Scientists warn of potential serious health effects of 5G

https://www.jrseco.com/european-union-5g-appeal-scientists-warn-of-potential-serious-health-effects-of-5g/

which mentions:

Brussels does not go ahead with 5G, due to health concerns

Netherlands: Parliament asks for independent investigation on 5G health risks

ALSO

SPECIAL REPORT: Press Intimidation, Science Suppression & The 5G Rollout

By Jeff Prager

SPECIAL REPORT

Even before 5G was proposed, dozens of petitions and appeals [7] by international scientists, including the Freiburger Appeal signed by over 3,000 physicians, called for a halt to the expansion of wireless technology and a moratorium on new base stations [8].

In 2015, 215 scientists from 41 countries communicated their alarm to the United Nations (UN) and World Health Organization (WHO) [9].

They stated that ?numerous recent scientific publications have shown that EMF [electromagnetic fields] affects living organisms at levels well below most international and national guidelines?. More than 10,000 peer-reviewed scientific studies demonstrate harm to human health from RF radiation [10,11]. Effects include, but are not limited to: Alteration of heart rhythm [12] Altered gene expression [13] Altered metabolism [14] Altered stem cell development [15] Cancers [16] Cardiovascular disease [17] Cognitive impairment [18] DNA damage [19] Impacts on general well-being [20] Increased free radicals [21] Learning and memory deficits [22] Impaired sperm function and quality [23] Miscarriage [24] Neurological damage [25] Obesity and diabetes [26] Oxidative stress [27]

*Contains over 100 peer reviewed reports and over 3000 linked reports...

Any thoughts?

Man Facebook and the rabbit-hole of conspiracy theories has a lot to answer for

5g isn?t mystical voodoo destroying our health. There are people who might think wifi and other modern trappings are dangerous but here we all are (you included) typing away online

There are forces out there with interest in sowing discord and they post stories like this. And the type of stories behind people voting Brexit. But it?s tin foil hat territory

Sepiroth

There is a heap of research on the effects of RF radiation.

Wondering on what basis you confidently dismiss it so readily as conspiracy theory.

Industry does tend to introduce tech without considering the consequences - microplastics being an example..

And we all go along with it for different reasons. I like Netflix!

So Brussels, the 3000 physicians are all tin hat wearers?

Anyway well done for being so quick off the mark to dismiss it!

The scientific literature I meant. Not literature in general. That would be daft.

Dr. Sharon Goldberg, Professor, clinical researcher and an internal medicine physician:

"Wireless radiation has biological effects. Period.This is no longer a subject for debate. When you look at PubMed in the peer-reviewed literature, these effects are seen in all life forms: plants, animals, insects, microbes. In humans we have clear evidence of cancer now. There is no question. We have it; evidence of DNA damage, cardiomyopathy which is the precursor of congestive heart failure, neuropsychiatric effects."

Dr. David Carpenter another public health physician

"There's been no safety testing of 5G. The reason I think that it's dangerous is that there isn't any specific information to 5g but we know that radiofrequency radiation of 3g and 4g are associated with the whole variety of different human health effects. Everyone is going to be exposed to radiofrequency radiation more continuously and at higher intensities and that's going to cause more human disease."

There are safer alternatives with the same benefits. See TED Talk, Wireless wake-up call, Jeromy Johnson

We don't have to go back to the dark ages, unless you want to..?

I don't have a problem with tech, as long as it safety tested. 5G hasn't been by all accounts, it would seem.

Paco

I already know who comes up in YouTube results if I type 5g in.

The question is how credible are they? Now they might be bang on the money and I?m a fool for ignoring them

But looking at wider picture, they only credibility they seem to have comes from being promoted by sites like davidicke and other cranky sites. So automatically I?m wary of their arguments

They come across more like Andrew Wakefield than they do bona fide

Sephiroth, once again, I agree with you!

All of this has to be stress tested and credibility checked.

Which sources are you suggesting come from sites like David Icke?

Currently looking at counter arguments.

But also looking at the bigger picture, looking at how the rollout has been implemented, it raises questions.

The knee jerk reaction towards anyone who questions the status quo is that they must be a crank. They must be a tin foil hat wearing, lentil eating, tree hugger.

I am guilty of this reaction.

When someone first knocked on my door talking about phone masts, I did think "Who is this crazy do gooder person?"

But digging deeper into the issue uncovered some interesting information.

A point made by Jeromy Johnson in TED Talk, 'Wireless wake-up call':

"The science is heavily influenced by industry funding. This is a study by Dr. Henry Lai. He looked at 326 studies based on the biological effects of cell phone radiation. He found that about half of the studies showed effects and half didn't.

That's pretty normal for this type of research.

But what he found that was interesting was that if you looked at who funded the studies, 70% of the independent studies showed effects, and only 32% of the industry-funded studies showed effects."

This article elaborates the story:

https://www.seattlemag.com/article/uw-scientist-henry-lai-makes-waves-cell-phone-industry

I've heard the lamppost thing and it might be true but I'm not that worried about health issues personally.

"Delivering the promised performance improvements of 5G through high-band spectrum, on the other hand, would require a fundamentally different architecture with much denser networks?something like 15 to 20 sites per square kilometer in highly populated urban environments, as opposed to two to five sites today."

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/telecommunications/our-insights/are-you-ready-for-5g

Will we be able to trace phones to a greater accuracy ?

Sorry snoopy17 missed your message.

Benefits:

It's faster

Is a requirement for SMART tech - it means that you would be able to turn your kettle on without having to get up, run your bath whilst you are travelling home etc etc. Think they are talking about it be used for cars- driverless..

paco Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry snoopy17 missed your message.

>

> Benefits:

>

> It's faster

> Is a requirement for SMART tech - it means that

> you would be able to turn your kettle on without

> having to get up, run your bath whilst you are

> travelling home etc etc. Think they are talking

> about it be used for cars- driverless..

None of the smart home tech you mentioned needs 5g.