Forum Sponsors

www.nannycentral.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageVirgin broadband or EE
Posted by dimples June 14, 10:34PM

Hi there ,
I am with virgin broadband for my home wi Fi and home phone .
Iíve had a lot of problems in the past with connection or rather lack of it .
Before I was with Bt and left them because it was slow and expensive.
EE who Iím with for my mobile said that theyíve taken over Bt with their broadband and because itís not cable like virgin it wonít keep cutting out , the deal too is cheaper . Has anyone got experience with Ee as their home broadband / home phone ?

messageRe: Virgin broadband or EE
Posted by Mrs D June 14, 11:06PM

Hi BT owns EE now. So EE broadband IS BT broadband.

Posted by Penguin68 June 15, 09:26AM

Yes, fixed line broadband infrastructure for domestic use in ED is supplied either by NTL (branded as Virgin) or by BT Openreach, supplier to all other companies offering fixed line (non Wireless/ mobile) Broadband, which includes BT, EE and Plusnet (all owned by the BT Group). Only BT Openreach is obliged to wholesale local network infrastructure (Local Loop Unbundling). Many companies will additionally have their own racks of equipment (line cards) in BT exchanges, but some will use BT equipment end-to-end (although their service will be front-ended with their brand).

Because some companies use their own equipment in BT exchanges, services offered will differ technically as well as by brand. It also makes a difference (as regards data speeds) whether the service is part-supplied using fibre optic in the local network or whether the copper local network is used all the way into the exchange. In ED BT supplied network has tended to have a better service record (and better contention rates) than some of the services offered by Virgin, who seem to have under-supplied capacity locally.

Posted by dimples June 17, 01:38AM

Thankyou for the answer Penguin 68

Posted by beansprout June 17, 07:05AM

Personally would not touch Virgin!

Was with EE fir years but ran into truble with slow connection a year ago and moved to Plusnet which is generally find.

Both EE and Plusnet can change the frequency for you if like me you were having problems with buffering and cutting out.

Having said all that, beginning to think the problem isn't the frequency issue but the shear vokume of people using teck these days all no doubt going down/throygh/via a limited line.

Posted by dimples June 24, 11:16AM

Thankyou for your advise 😆

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum