Virgin broadband or EE

dimples

Hi there ,

I am with virgin broadband for my home wi Fi and home phone .

I?ve had a lot of problems in the past with connection or rather lack of it .

Before I was with Bt and left them because it was slow and expensive.

EE who I?m with for my mobile said that they?ve taken over Bt with their broadband and because it?s not cable like virgin it won?t keep cutting out , the deal too is cheaper . Has anyone got experience with Ee as their home broadband / home phone ?

Yes, fixed line broadband infrastructure for domestic use in ED is supplied either by NTL (branded as Virgin) or by BT Openreach, supplier to all other companies offering fixed line (non Wireless/ mobile) Broadband, which includes BT, EE and Plusnet (all owned by the BT Group). Only BT Openreach is obliged to wholesale local network infrastructure (Local Loop Unbundling). Many companies will additionally have their own racks of equipment (line cards) in BT exchanges, but some will use BT equipment end-to-end (although their service will be front-ended with their brand).

Because some companies use their own equipment in BT exchanges, services offered will differ technically as well as by brand. It also makes a difference (as regards data speeds) whether the service is part-supplied using fibre optic in the local network or whether the copper local network is used all the way into the exchange. In ED BT supplied network has tended to have a better service record (and better contention rates) than some of the services offered by Virgin, who seem to have under-supplied capacity locally.

Personally would not touch Virgin!

Was with EE fir years but ran into truble with slow connection a year ago and moved to Plusnet which is generally find.

Both EE and Plusnet can change the frequency for you if like me you were having problems with buffering and cutting out.

Having said all that, beginning to think the problem isn't the frequency issue but the shear vokume of people using teck these days all no doubt going down/throygh/via a limited line.