can you identify this plant/weed?

Callie

there are (Plant Apps) that help to identify plants

The Best Plant Identification Apps

* FlowerChecker. The FlowerChecker app uses real botanists to identify unknown plants, moss, fungus and even lichen. ...

*NatureGate*. - NatureGate allows you to identify your plant with a database of 700 species. ...

* Google Goggles. ...

* PlantSnapp. ...

* Plantifier. ...

* LikeThat Garden. ...

* Leafsnap. ...

* iPflanzen.

Please don't try and eat it based on my 'iffy' identification Callie, but my guess would be that it's rocket that's gone to seed and which has picked up some kind of bug infestation (hence the spots). Having said that the stems seem a bit too robust and hairy for rocket. As I said - please don't eat it! (even if my identification was correct, any leafy vegetable that's gone to seed will be bitter and unpalatable).

Callie. Sue will know better than me - listen to her!

The only reason I suggested the rocket was because the leaf shape was right. But I'm sure Sue is correct.

On a separate note. It is extraordinary what can happen to leafy veg when it 'bolts' and 'goes to seed'.

Good idea to go to a garden centre. I was thinking the glossy leaves were another symptom of the bug infestation causing the spots, and also perhaps a symptom of 'bolting'. But Sue really does know her stuff - so not rocket.

Hi everyone. I don't think it's gazanias after having a quick google. Defintely not rocket - which I eat most days in my sarnies :) Definitely wouldn't eat this plant lol. It seems to be infested by something. Since I've had it this long might as well wait some more for clues ie buds & flowers. Might give it a quick spray with insect killer, feel silly if its a weed though :)