Women's experience as cyclists

Di1996

Hi Guys,

I'm conducting a questionnaire on women's experiences, thoughts, concerns and ideas on cycling in the borough.

This case study is meant to gain more insight on gender-specific needs for cycling in an urban context, with the potential to show gaps in the inclusiveness of current cycling infrastructure, our culture and attitudes roads users.

There are 6 questions and should take 6-10 minutes to complete.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5X3CT55 surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5X3CT55

It might help to get responses if you explained what you were actually doing, as you do on the Survey itself:-

I'm a Geography student at Queen Mary conducting a study on women's concerns and experiences of cycling around the borough of Southwark, but also on capturing thoughts and ideas on how cycling can be made more inclusive and welcoming to this particular group of road users.

You will have the chance to respond to 6 questions about cycling relating to inclusive infrastructure and route safety, cycling culture in London, and other factors that may affect the quality of your journey.

Information collected is for educational purposes only.

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours -- crossing at the Barry Road/Lordship Lane lights (coming from Barry Road) woman hooted at me to set off when there was a Q of turning traffic in front of me, undertook me at the narrow point at the lights so close that I nearly fell off and as she went by screamed at me "go and cycle in the park"

Anger management issues :)