Being given parking tickets even though I have a valid parking permit

AlisonH

Has anyone else had a problem with Southwark Council repeatedly ticketing their car despite the fact that they have a valid parking permit? This has happened to me numerous times now and each time I have to appeal for each ticket and explain that I do in fact have a virtual permit which is all there on the system to see. It's hugely frustrating and such a waste of time and energy..rant over!

Next time I wouldn't even bother respond.... I'm not sure if that would cause them to clamp your car.

I would give them the opportunity to send round bailliffs or a court summons & then produce evidence.

They will look stupid especially if you've been through this numerous times!

The approach suggested by sweet girl may sound good but not only might they tow your car and take it to a pound in N8 looking at the Council website there will be extra fees to pay of ?200 plus ?40 a day and I think you have to pay to get the car back and then challenge for a refund.

frustrating as it is to have to query every ticket have a reply ready so all you need to do is copy and paste and change the date the ticket was given for each ticket.

Send a separate letter, quoting your vehicle registration and permit number asking them to cancel, and confirm, any tickets issued to your vehicle and the expiry date of the virtual permit.