Umbrella plant - advice pl.

tllm2

Have been given a tall, well established umbrella plant - which isn't looking in great health and I'd very much like to save, if I can.

I'll try and post a photo - but its very tall, woody, thin and straggly.

Any help/advice welcome on how I might be able to transform it (over time) into a shorter, bushier, healthier version of itself.

hi just copied this from the internet for you, it should help you, but i suppose you wanted someones direct experience , not me though, I usually kill plants.

some info below - good luck from Lavender

Where to Grow

Although umbrella plants do best in bright, indirect light, they can usually tolerate direct indoor light, and will just grow more slowly and become leggy in medium-to-low light. Humidity is generally not a concern, but the plants can be more susceptible to pests like scale and spider mites if the air is too dry.

Indoors, umbrella plants prefer temperatures of 55?F to 75?F (13?C to 24?C). They can be grown outdoors year-round in USDA zones 10-11. Schefflera actinophylla is an aggressive grower, and is considered an invasive species in Florida and Hawaii, so check local restrictions before planting outdoors.