We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messagePeople/ doggy friendly open water parks
Posted by Sparkler 24 July, 2019 08:11

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any open water spaces (e.g. lidos/ open water swimming parks) where I can also take my dog (they don't need to go in the water) but I just want her outside in the shade cooling off on such a hot day, rather than being stuck in my stuffy flat.

Thanks
Sophie

messageRe: People/ doggy friendly open water parks
Posted by tallulah71 24 July, 2019 08:25

Hi
Beckenham Place park has now opened its dog-friendly lake - lovely cool walks in the surrounding woods, too smiling smiley

Posted by Sparkler 24 July, 2019 08:32

I went on their site earlier- it looks amazing and the whole project is incredible- but I think the pool has been shut down for this week (until Friday) to tweak some last bits.

Posted by tallulah71 24 July, 2019 08:39

ah, okey doke. South Norwood Country park also has some water to cool off in although nowhere near as big

Posted by d walker 24 July, 2019 12:41

Although Beckenham Place Park's new lake is not dog friendly. I went at weekend and dogs prohibited in lake and to be kept on lead around the lake. However the Ravensborne river does run through the other side park and is lovely and dogs go in there.

Posted by beansprout 24 July, 2019 12:59

Up by the Rookery in Stretham is kids pool and thereis one in Brockwell as well. Ruskin as well but no or not alot of shade.

Invest in a fan, that is what I have done - air circulating and dog much happier than outside with little air but alot of heat!!

Doubt even the woods would be much good and no shade in Peckham at all.

Cold towel? Ice cubes??

Air con in various friendly shops?

Posted by Alan Medic 24 July, 2019 13:37

beansprout Wrote:

> Cold towel? Ice cubes??
>
Feeding a dog ice cubes can kill them from what I've read. This may be misinformation though.

Posted by peckman 24 July, 2019 19:09

Went to beckenham park today . The whole park is closed due to health and safety concerns about the new pool (apparently the depth drops suddently and there has two near drownings)

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum