Nextdoor community website

fayebarrett

We?ve received an invitation through the door to join nextdoor.co.uk through our door with a code for East Dulwich. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

I went online but the website says it will display my full name and address on there, which I?m not very comfortable with.

I also wonder what the advantage of using nextdoor would be, given that we already have the ED Forum?

Any feedback gratefully received !

Next Door has been promoted by the Met and what I gathered at a police meeting that you need to register your address etc but this is to clarify that you are a genuine resident. Your details should not be publicised. I wonder if this is a scam website ? Check with your ward SNT officer - details from Met Police website.

Nextdoor is a legitimate company. There is a page about them here on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nextdoor

Its registration process is onerous: They require:

Postcode,

first line of address,

email address,

mobile phone number

For first line of street address, they wish to confirm it via either a phone call to your mobile or a postcard sent to your address. There is a note saying "We'll automatically mail you a verification postcard if we can't confirm your address another way." I wonder if someone might have created an account and given your address and you have just received said postcard after a while.