Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Pippa's Guardians

www.bramly.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageNextdoor community website
Posted by fayebarrett August 03, 05:35PM

Weíve received an invitation through the door to join nextdoor.co.uk through our door with a code for East Dulwich. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

I went online but the website says it will display my full name and address on there, which Iím not very comfortable with.
I also wonder what the advantage of using nextdoor would be, given that we already have the ED Forum?

Any feedback gratefully received !

messageRe: Nextdoor community website
Posted by Captain Marvel August 03, 06:08PM

Isn't that why people live in London so they can avoid the neighbours?

Posted by Pugwash August 04, 02:28PM

Next Door has been promoted by the Met and what I gathered at a police meeting that you need to register your address etc but this is to clarify that you are a genuine resident. Your details should not be publicised. I wonder if this is a scam website ? Check with your ward SNT officer - details from Met Police website.

Posted by pinecone August 04, 04:40PM

Nextdoor is a legitimate company. There is a page about them here on Wikipedia [en.wikipedia.org]

Its registration process is onerous: They require:

Postcode,
first line of address,
email address,
mobile phone number

For first line of street address, they wish to confirm it via either a phone call to your mobile or a postcard sent to your address. There is a note saying "We'll automatically mail you a verification postcard if we can't confirm your address another way." I wonder if someone might have created an account and given your address and you have just received said postcard after a while.

Posted by Digbina August 04, 10:39PM

When you join up you get 5 postcards to send to neighbours to invite them to join too. I imagine thatís why you received one

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum