Air BnB - cancelled booking - advice please

malumbu

I booked a place yesterday only for the proprietor to message me three hours later telling me it was not available. I expect that she has taken a private booking. She expects me to cancel, and lose the service fee. I've informed her that this is for her to do and opened an enquiry with AirBnB. Her messages decline any responsibility.

So I have paid, and have a contract, for a place that I wont be able to take. I'll continue with both the owner and AirBnB but others' experiences are helpful.

Sorry a first world problem! It's somewhere else in Europe.

Thanks everso

My period of grace where I can cancel but still lose the service fee ends tomorrow tea time

Well this is my shortest ever thread as I've now been refunded. I hope the proprietor has had to pay a service charge, and that the place is now hit by lightening, whilst being engulfed by a plague of locusts. Only joking about the final two. Do share good and bad experiences of Air BnB.

Really? I hadn't noticed. We've never had storms or transport disruption before, how unique. I think you should start your own thread on that rather than trolling this one. Or perhaps lampoon Bob's one on caravaning at the fort - there may be more material there in it for you.

And now you are patronizing me Sue. Would anyone else like to join in? How about some passive aggressiveness.

Thing is about social networking UNLESS YOU ARE USING BLOCK CAPITALS or using proper strong words like "why don't you crawl under the nearest rock with the other low life" (strictly using this as an example) then you can't judge someone's temperament.

Sometimes I am smiling and doing it just to stir things up. On this occasion I thought was a pointless thread to troll. I'd even acknowledged this in my first posting with the comment on 'first world problem'.

Perhaps ED is being a bit thick this weekend. As my late father would say you may know what x = y = but your university education doesn't mean you have any common sense (spoiler alert I lobbed that one in to stir things up).

I pronounce this thread dead. It isn't tired after a long squawk its is no more, it has ceased to be, it is bereft of life, it rests in peace, and this is an ex-thread.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Really? I hadn't noticed. We've never had storms

> or transport disruption before, how unique. I

> think you should start your own thread on that

> rather than trolling this one. Or perhaps lampoon

> Bob's one on caravaning at the fort - there may be

> more material there in it for you.

I rent out the bedrooms in my house with Airbnb.