How to find property owner

cella

Is there a way to establish who owns a property other than going through the Land Registry? We are experiencing noise issues/non cooperative behaviour from tenants next door so need to raise issues with the owner. Thanks.

Oh great, thanks all. The third party sites hadn't occurred to me. Going down the Southwark route will be the final option as would want to try all reasonable neighbour approaches first. Mind you they're not showing the same consideration back. It does seem odd to me that young, intelligent people with a good standard of living, etc, move in and then don't seem to want to enjoy a civil relationship with their neighbours. The attitude that "it's our flat/garden etc and we can do what we like" without showing any consideration to all those round them with regard to noise, daily sanding of furniture outside, parties, loud music, not collecting parcels that we've taken in for days, shrieking after midnight etc etc. smacks of entitlement and sadly it doesn't look as though it's going to change.

Thanks Sue - it's one of the options but don't know how long their tenancy is for so trying all other approaches first. I do think the owner has to take some responsibility for who they rent out to so that's why I was trying to locate her/him. If that doesn't work then will try the other options. Just cross that with all the nice weather use of my garden has had to be reduced due to the issues.

Unless you think that the tenant is in breach of their lease - and quiet and cooperative behaviour isn't a normal lease condition - although e.g. sub-letting or occupancy levels might be - then there is very little a landlord could do. Tenants are (quite properly) protected from the capricious actions of landlords. Action through the council's officers is far more likely to achieve results. A landlord cannot themselves determine 'anti-social' behaviour.

If you believe that the lease is up for renewal you could write to the landlord explaining your problems, but if the landlord isn't having problems (the property is being treated well and the rent is being paid) I wouldn't hold your breathe.

I don't think the owner would be happy knowing she had difficult tenants without becoming involved in case it escalates. A lot of the issues are potentially resolvable but there are others and one involves a fence so can't imagine she will be happy getting a bill for replacement/repair if it can be sorted out by taking action now to prevent it. Also a few other neighbours could complain too. It would indeed be depressing if the tenants pressed on not caring a jot and I've learned that sometimes being tenacious can pay dividends.