Petition Do not prorogue Parliament

IlonaM

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

'Petition Do not prorogue Parliament

Parliament must not be prorogued or dissolved unless and until the Article 50 period has been sufficiently extended or the UK's intention to withdraw from the EU has been cancelled.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-petition-suspend-parliament-boris-johnson-sign-a9083031.html

We were supposed to of left the E.U. at the end of March.

How much longer of an extension are you suggesting.

We have been in the E.U. for 40 years. When we joined there were 12 ? countries.

It was an Elitist clique.

It has grown too large. It no longer works.

It's time to get out and regain control of our own laws, rules and finances.

We ARE getting out. We ARE leaving. October 31st.

People need to get over it. If you do not like it, go and live in The E.U. If they will have you.

In 10 years time we will be looking back and wondering why it took so long to get out.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> People need to get over it. If you do not like

> it, go and live in The E.U. If they will have you.

They won't if we Leave, because xenophobic prats like you will have taken away my right to work/retire and live there...

diable rouge Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > People need to get over it. If you do not like

> > it, go and live in The E.U. If they will have

> you.

>

> They won't if we Leave, because xenophobic prats

> like you will have taken away my right to

> work/retire and live there...

here we go again remainiacs resorting to insults....

diable rouge Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> -----

>

> > People need to get over it. If you do not like

> > it, go and live in The E.U. If they will have

> you.

>

> They won't if we Leave, because xenophobic prats

> like you will have taken away my right to

> work/retire and live there...

I am not Xenophobic. Before Brexit I was all in favour of Turkey joining the E.U.

with the possibility of 60,000,000 Turks having the right to work here.

I went to college for 3 Years back in 2000- 2002 to learn The Turkish language and planned to move to Turkey.

Sadly the Political situation in Turkey changed in 2016.

I could not give a toss about your desire to work/ retire in the E.U.

By the way. I'm not a prat. I'm just one of the Majority that voted to get out of Europe.

DF

Dr and Sephiroth what would you say if it was the other way round .ie the pm who ever it was prorogueParliament to stop leave MPs trying to stop you from staying in the EU.even though the referendum was 52% to remain .after 3 years of arguments insults and uncertainty.democracy down the pan.because leave MPs won't accept the biggest vote in British history.and have tried to delay stop brexit with or without a deal and have ignored constituency voters.the speaker of the house driving around in his wife's car with stickers in the windows saying bollocks to remain ,even though he's supposed to remain neutral.and so on.I'm not having a pop just interested in what you would say.

teddyboy23 Wrote:

> Dr and Sephiroth what would you say if it was the

> other way round .ie the pm who ever it was

> prorogueParliament to stop leave MPs trying to

> stop you from staying in the EU.even though the

> referendum was 52% to remain .after 3 years of

> arguments insults and uncertainty.democracy down

> the pan.because leave MPs won't accept the biggest

> vote in British history.and have tried to delay

> stop brexit with or without a deal and have

> ignored constituency voters.the speaker of the

> house driving around in his wife's car with

> stickers in the windows saying bollocks to remain

> ,even though he's supposed to remain neutral.and

> so on.I'm not having a pop just interested in what

> you would say.

They would still need a plan to leave and there is none. Many of us would have accepted a soft (maybe temporary) Brexit as a 52-48 result would signal and the freedom to move again at a later stage. Once there we could have changed our systems and regathered.

Pete North (he of the potty mouth) and his dad Richard wrote loads and loads of articles/plans for this which were widely praised.

Teddyboy

You aren?t making any sense

The only reason this is happening is because article 50 was triggered and the clock was ticking

If it was a narrow remain win there would be no ticking clock and no external pressures and no need to spend billions palming for leaving our biggest trading partner. There would be no equivalent action

teddy, as has already been stated, that's a false equivalence, a better example would've been to ask what if Corbyn had prorogued parliament in order to get something controversial through e.g. removing the monarchy. I'm no royalist but I would still be 100% against it as it flies against how our parliamentary democracy works. We elect MPs to debate and scrutinise such proposals, and then vote on them, that's how an elected representative democracy works. Shutting down parliament stops that from happening. Only this morning Michael Gove said that the Gov could ignore any law made this week to prevent No Deal, i.e the Gov is above the Law, again another attack on our democracy.

This Gov has plenty of form, here's a very good summary of how this Gov has attacked our democracy and the pillars that hold it up. I might add, written by a long-term Eurosceptic, this isn't just about Leave or Remain anymore, it's about protecting our democracy from creeping authoritarianism and fascism...https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1168108396605857792

Dr fair play to what you say.but dont you think parliamentary democracy .went out the window some time a go .ie elected representatives completely ignoring the referendum result from the voters that put them in Parliament .that's not democracy surely.another example the latest by election result.which the liberal democrats won.that constituency voted leave 58% .yet the newly elected mp straightaway saids I will do all I can to stop brexit.that's not democracy.that's the point I was trying to make above.was what's the point of voting if MPs do their own thing.

teddyboy23 Wrote:

> Dr fair play to what you say.but dont you think

> parliamentary democracy .went out the window some

> time a go .ie elected representatives completely

> ignoring the referendum result from the voters

> that put them in Parliament .that's not democracy

> surely.another example the latest by election

> result.which the liberal democrats won.that

> constituency voted leave 58% .yet the newly

> elected mp straightaway saids I will do all I can

> to stop brexit.that's not democracy.that's the

> point I was trying to make above.was what's the

> point of voting if MPs do their own thing.

The problem with the referendum was that there wasn't a clear definition of what Brexit actually meant and entailed, e.g. soft, medium, hard Brexit etc. The Leave campaign said there would be a deal but didn't elaborate. So after the referendum this left it open to interpretation. May's deal honoured the referendum in that we would've left the EU, but it wasn't Brexity enough for the ERG types.

The thing about elected representatives is that they can't please all their constituents, so whatever they do there will be people upset with them. There are plenty of Leave voting MPs in Remain voting constituencies.

They are therefore expected to put national interest first even if it goes against their constituents wishes, knowing they can always be voted out one day.

The recent Lib Dem win in Wales happened 3 years after the referendum, that tells me some people have changed their mind in that time, one of the reasons why a confirmatory referendum on any deal is a good idea. They also knew what the Lib Dems stand for, to stop Brexit. We can't keep harking back to a day over 3 years ago as if time stood still. People now know much more what Brexit entails and the economic damage it will cause, especially No Deal which wasn't even discussed during the referendum...

I honestly do not think leaving the EU is a good idea. But, I find it a bit rich when people talk about deals and no deals. When I voted to leave I just assumed we would be leaving within a few months and that would be that. It?s highly disingenuous of remain voters to assume everyone who voted leave had some pre conceived idea of how they wanted to leave. I voted to leave in any which way possible. I didn?t care about a deal, I wasn?t even aware such a thing was possible. If I genuinely still felt leaving was a good idea I would say let?s just leave, so therefore No Deal is a far better option for a leave voter than any half arsed deal.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> No Deal

> is a far better option for a leave voter than any

> half arsed deal.

>

But the trouble is that the day after 'No Deal' we have to start the whole painful business of negotiating a deal all over again - there will have to be a 'deal' done after 'No Deal'. I think many people regard 'No Deal' as some kind of bracing culmination, rather than what it really is....a return to square one and the beginning of a very long process of coming up with a new deal, but this time from the weaker position of being a 'third party' with a declining economy, rather than a fully paid up member of the club.

Jenny1 Wrote:

> Loutwo Wrote:

> -----

> > No Deal

> > is a far better option for a leave voter than

> any

> > half arsed deal.

> >

>

> But the trouble is that the day after 'No Deal' we

> have to start the whole painful business of

> negotiating a deal all over again - there will

> have to be a 'deal' done after 'No Deal'. I think

> many people regard 'No Deal' as some kind of

> bracing culmination, rather than what it really

> is....a return to square one and the beginning of

> a very long process of coming up with a new deal,

> but this time from the weaker position of being a

> 'third party' with a declining economy, rather

> than a fully paid up member of the club.

And at the time of campaigning we were told consistently that they?d be a deal

So any suggestion that 52% voted expecting a no deal isn?t accurate, in fact 52% didn?t all vote for the same thing

It has grown too large. It no longer works.

It's time to get out and regain control of our own laws, rules and finances.

Genuine question:

What laws and rules are you looking forward to once we've left? What will you be able to do then that you can't do now? What aspects of your life will change for the better? What has the EU specifically done that has made your life worse?