Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

All Round Renovation

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageBlocking websites from phone
Posted by alice September 05, 01:29PM

Is there an easy way to block websites from an iPhone or better still a place where someone will do it for me. Thanks

messageRe: Blocking websites from phone
Posted by ed_pete September 05, 02:07PM

I think that you can use the in-built Parental Controls settings on an iPhone to prevent access to certain websites.

Posted by alice September 05, 02:54PM

Thanks Pete I tried that but you can only block all websites and kind of add your own which would be impossible. itís more blocking individual websites that I want to do.

Posted by ianr September 05, 03:24PM

It is possible to block websites at the browser level, maybe via an add-on. Here, for example, are some recommendations on how to do it in Firefox. [m.wikihow.com] I've no personal experience, though I do ad-blocking, which is probably effected similarly.

ETA Just had a longer look at that reference. I see that methods 4 and 5 are general phone apps, for iPhones and Androids respectively.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 05, 04:02pm by ianr.

Posted by JohnL September 05, 07:53PM

Screentime claims to do it (not tested)

settings->screentime->content&privacy restrictions->content restrictions->web content (add website to never allow list)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was september 05, 07:56pm by JohnL.

Posted by Seabag September 05, 11:10PM

What websites?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum