It's the end of the world as we know it

TheArtfulDogger

This weekend multiple police forces on social media have been advising us to prepare for an "unknown" emergency by having a Grab bag ready

Looking at the contents what are we preparing for ?

Twitter theory is Zombie Apocalypse amongst other things (maybe the orange dust on the Rye has some indication of what's coming)

All very strange

Personally I think they missed the obvious items out including alcohol, packet of chocolate biscuits, pick axe (for the Zombies) and a pair of sunglasses (in case of nuclear glare) box of matches and two Boy Scouts to rub together to make a fire when the matches run out. (Don't forget the kitchen sink)

What would you have in yours ?

I think this is more something that applies if you live in an area where a natural disaster is a possibility. (I'm not quite sure what natural disasters are commonplace in Scotland but I'm sure the good folk of the EDF could come up with some hilarious suggestions).

If you're worried about a zombie apocalypse, I would suggest that a pick axe would be far too heavy for battling approaching hordes of the undead. It seems that a samurai sword is pretty effective, if that's any help?

They will come!

Renowned studio Nikkatsu (born of the post war studio division by the government, interesting story there) who gave birth to the genre of Roman Poruno or "Pink Eiga" had an experiment producing a set of films exploring grotesque horror, super violence and just plain good old dirty fun. The hope was to attract a healthy enough outside audience for them to continue, but, sadly, they were kept to a cult thing due to snooty, unimaginative audiences preferring to be spoon fed Hollywood trash instead of far more fun Japanese fare.

I highly recommend getting some friends round and reenacting your very own night at the Scala by holding an all-night viewing of the whole Sushi Typhoon gamut :)