Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar

http://www.ellyallen.com/

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageBulb Energy - is it worth the switch?
Posted by theron September 16, 04:28PM

Has anyone been with/currently using Bulb Energy?

We are thinking about switching, but would love to hear more about local experiences

We are currently with SSE and they are charging us an extortionate amount!

Thanks so much

messageRe: Bulb Energy - is it worth the switch?
Posted by jimmah September 16, 05:26PM

I'm with Bulb and have been for over a year. They've been good with queries and I've not had any problems with the service. You can see a graph if your energy usage over time which is useful.
They're one of the cheaper suppliers too.
Here follows the obligatory referral link which will earn you (and importantly me)a £50 credit if you switch through it www.bulb.me/jamesc1307

Posted by diable rouge September 16, 05:57PM

Been with them for nearly a year, they were one of the cheapest suppliers on the USwitch site. I was a bit wary as it was on their variable rate rather than a fixed tariff, but they haven't raised their tariff in that time. No issues with supplies/bills/payments etc...

Posted by singalto September 16, 06:11PM

They are excellent and came top in BBC’s Watchdog for price and customer service.

Posted by bob September 16, 06:38PM

Been with them just over a year very pleased and had 2 Price DROPS Bob S

Posted by Sue September 16, 08:07PM

You can go onto a comparison site (eg Via MoneySaving Expert) and put in your postcode, annual usage etc, and they will tell you what is the cheapest deal for your particular circumstances (obviously you also have to bear in mind customer service ratings).

Last time I did this, Bulb was not competitive at all on price, at least for me.

I'm not suggesting anybody here is doing this, but I have previously got the impression that people are sometimes bigging Bulb up because they get money for referring others.

Posted by singalto September 17, 03:52PM

I am not ‘bigging it up’and am not asking for a referral code.. It came out on top on a BBC consumer programme.

Posted by Sue September 17, 09:13PM

singalto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not ‘bigging it up’and am not asking for a
> referral code.. It came out on top on a BBC
> consumer programme.

As I said, I was not suggesting anybody here was doing so.

Some months back, a lot of people were, on social media, and they were all asking others to sign up so that they would make money from it.

If it came out top on a BBC consumer programme, great.

I always do a comparison on various websites, and it's never come out top for my particular energy use.

If it did, and if it has good customer service reviews, then I would switch to it.

But one energy company is not necessarily the best for everyone.

Posted by KrackersMaracas September 17, 09:46PM

It came top on price comparison sites for green energy suppliers for me. We’ve switched, it was painless, and its heaps cheaper than my old (non green) tariff. No complaints.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum