Bulb Energy - is it worth the switch?

theron

I'm with Bulb and have been for over a year. They've been good with queries and I've not had any problems with the service. You can see a graph if your energy usage over time which is useful.

They're one of the cheaper suppliers too.

Here follows the obligatory referral link which will earn you (and importantly me)a ?50 credit if you switch through it www.bulb.me/jamesc1307

You can go onto a comparison site (eg Via MoneySaving Expert) and put in your postcode, annual usage etc, and they will tell you what is the cheapest deal for your particular circumstances (obviously you also have to bear in mind customer service ratings).

Last time I did this, Bulb was not competitive at all on price, at least for me.

I'm not suggesting anybody here is doing this, but I have previously got the impression that people are sometimes bigging Bulb up because they get money for referring others.

singalto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am not ?bigging it up?and am not asking for a

> referral code.. It came out on top on a BBC

> consumer programme.

As I said, I was not suggesting anybody here was doing so.

Some months back, a lot of people were, on social media, and they were all asking others to sign up so that they would make money from it.

If it came out top on a BBC consumer programme, great.

I always do a comparison on various websites, and it's never come out top for my particular energy use.

If it did, and if it has good customer service reviews, then I would switch to it.

But one energy company is not necessarily the best for everyone.

• 9 months later...
Hi, I have made a comparison with the help of usave.co.uk. It is necessary to add only the post code and some information about current supplier. And they will come back with the info about all the nearest energy supplier with the prices taking into account all your information. They come back with a selection of all best deals available in your area. It is very helpful. Less stressful and less time-consuming.

Hi.

Can you please tell on what shoul I accord attention while choosing alternative energy supplier? Thanks in advance. I have made a comparison with the help of usave.co.uk. It is necessary to add only the post code and some information about current supplier. And they will come back with the info about all the nearest energy supplier with the prices taking into account all your information. They come back with a selection of all best deals available in your area. It is very helpful. Less stressful and less time-consuming. Liked this service very much will recommend it for everybody

lucy.turcan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi.

> Can you please tell on what shoul I accord

> attention while choosing alternative energy

> supplier? Thanks in advance

Google a few different energy comparison sites.

Put in your current annual usage for gas and electricity.

Say whether you want green, fixed tariff, direct debit etc.

Don't assume that any one site will have all the possible options.

Don't use schemes that claim to automatically tell you, or switch you to, the best option (they don't have all the possible options either, and I've always been able to get a better deal by doing it myself).

That includes the MoneySavingExpert scheme, sadly 😢

Don't just look at price. Google customer service reviews, eg on Trust Pilot.

• 7 months later...