Mattress Advice

shoshntosh

I have just bought an Eve mattress, had it about 2 week.

Currently I have lots of neck upper back pain and was due a new mattress.

I read all of the Which reviews and this came out best to me.

I like it, it takes some getting used to. It feels like I am sleeping on something very firm and dense but I feel supported.

Saying that I have been waking up with a sore lower back which gets better once I start walking round but I have a feeling this is due to the fact I sleep on my front as I can feel it?s not good as I can feel the strain on my lower back as I lie there.

I think I am sleeping better in it and the great thing is that if you share a bed it absorbs all of the movement that the other person makes so you really can?t feel them turning over or moving around..

Went through the same process a few weeks ago. Emma don't sell their hybrid anymore, just their original mattress, which I purchased with their 30% off offer (worth waiting for one of these regular offers). The Casper & Emma mattresses came joint top in the latest Which survey of mattresses. Casper is cheaper, but apparently a little less soft.

My partner has done trials on pretty much all of them. Emma, Eve, Otty, I?ve lost track of what they?re all called. All of them ended up being sent back - ?too hot? being a consistent complaint.

The thing about all of those well-marketed memory foam hybrids is that they?re actually cheap mattresses. They?re the sort that bed shops sell as spare room mattresses. The difference is the ubiquitous and slick marketing - there?s no good manufacturing or quality reason for the cost of them.

My advice for what it?s worth: if you want a cheap comfortable mattress, head to Ikea. If you want proper support and something that will last, listen to the salesperson in the bed shop / section. Give the overpriced 100 day guarantee ones a miss: good mattresses don?t need a 100 day return gimmick to get sold.

• 4 months later...

peckham_ryu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The thing about all of those well-marketed memory

> foam hybrids is that they?re actually cheap

> mattresses. They?re the sort that bed shops sell

> as spare room mattresses. The difference is the

> ubiquitous and slick marketing - there?s no good

> manufacturing or quality reason for the cost of

> them.

> section. Give the overpriced 100 day guarantee

> ones a miss: good mattresses don?t need a 100 day

> return gimmick to get sold.

Agree on the first bit: give them a friendly sounding name, ramp up the marketing and double the mark-up. Had a go with one of these hybrids some time back. Even with the discount of ?200 (post Christmas sale) they seemed cheaply made; no wonder they're on sale 'a lot'.

That said, a 100 night money back guarantee is to be commended. There's no 'good' or 'bad' mattress: only the one that suits you - and there's no substitute for being able to try it out properly without fear of being lumbered (lumbar'ed?) with the damn thing forever. They honoured the 100 day no questions asked refund without any problem.

We have a Vispring mattress from "bedsareuzzz" - terrible name for a business, but great service (we've brought two matresses from them, 10 years apart) and by far the best on price when we came to buy again. None of their shops are particularly well situated for ED but if you know what you want, they do online sales too.