Lining a ceiling

ed_pete

No, but you might want to ask for heavier duty paper if the ceiling is not reasonble. Or go to night school and learn to DIY. In one respect ceilings are easier as you are just doing one plane, with no things like light switches or door ways to go around. Do you want me to PM you a recommendation?

OK whole story is that the existing lining has come loose in a few places, it's an old house and the ceiling hasn't been painted in at least 10 years. Options were to skim but this would require stripping existing lining first as plastering on top of lining not a good idea or crosslining over existing lining prior to painting. Plastering not really an option as rest of room now painted. This guy doesn't do papering (wall or lining) at all but I didn't know that beforehand.

Yep... don't skim on top of paper, unless you want the whole lot to literally fall down.

I'd still look at stripping the paper on the ceiling, getting the ceiling skimmed, and accept that some of the completed paintwork will need touching up afterwards. If a job's worth doing, etc etc...