Photo opportunity to support legal case against Heathrow Expansion on climate change grounds

BB Camberwell

Dear Supporter of the "STOP 700 MORE" flights a day group

At the time of joining our mailing list many of you asked "What can we do to help?" Well this could be your chance as a very important event, a peaceful media opportunity, is approaching soon.

Thursday the 17th of October is the first day of the appeal of the Judicial Review at the High Court (Royal Courts of Justice) on The Strand in London. Climate groups, 5 local Councils and the Mayor of London are delighted to have been allowed an appeal, challenging the government's decision for a third runway at Heathrow.

It is our aim to have a substantial body of people gather outside the court at 8.45am for media photographs at 9am. This will only take an hour.

With increasing public awareness of Climate Change and the health ill-effects of noise and pollution, we are hopeful that we can get the government's decision reviewed and reversed. But it will take our ongoing legal and media campaigns and the help of our supporters to achieve this. The more people who come and help, the better the message for the press.

If you (and your friends) can attend, this would be amazing and really helpful. The nearest tube station is Temple.

For our planning for the day, it would be really helpful if you could let us know if you "Plan to Attend", by emailing us at:- [email protected] We have the T-shirts, so please come and put one on and defend your quality of life.

Thank you, Neil

Posted on behalf of STOP 700 More by Bridget Bell / Plane Hell Action https://planehellaction.org.uk/