Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.nannycentral.co.uk

www.littleloud.org

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageFree Trees
Posted by smartie1 October 04, 01:47PM

I got this email today and thought it might be useful for any local groups or individuals looking to make their environment greener.

[www.tcv.org.uk]

messageRe: Free Trees
Posted by ianr October 04, 04:20PM

Part of the Mayor Of London's programme. From above URL:
"Your trees will be a mixture of UK native species specially chosen by The Conservation Volunteers to fit perfectly with London’s native plant and animal life. They come in packs of 50, 20 or 10 saplings – and they’re small, beautiful and easy to plant, making them the perfect addition to any communal green space."
"We welcome applications from community groups, housing associations, tenants or residents associations, schools, friends of parks groups and other charities."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was october 04, 10:59pm by ianr.

Posted by Sue October 04, 10:31PM

I got an email that said anyone could apply for free trees, which were a Rowan and a wild Cherry, and if you got them and only wanted one, you could give the other one to a friend!

Posted by malumbu October 06, 09:59AM

I've got an elm. dunno to allow it to grow and see if it is Dutch Elm resistant - it was a present from a programme looking for resistant species, or to keep it down to a hedge. I'll long be dead by the time it is a proper tree.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum