Pizza Pickup closed down

Wayne24

Good, if you look at the Tripadvisor reviews, almost all of them are coincidentally from a user who has only ever reviewed once, and rated Pizza Pickup very favourably, giving it 5 stars. We all know that this means it is the owners/employees deliberately writing these and misleading people into thinking the takeaway is the mutts nutts.

This is dishonest and sneaky, so im pleased if they have gone out of business.

imasnookercue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Isnt Voodoo Ray's ?4 for a SLICE of pizza?

> Ludicrous! (dont care how big they are btw)

How is size not relevant to price?

imasnookercue Wrote:

> Isnt Voodoo Ray's ?4 for a SLICE of pizza?

> Ludicrous! (dont care how big they are btw)

Yes - but I still go in there every now and then as it's next door and a sneaky last pint and a big bar to sit at.

To me, VDR is almost pizza hut/domino's standard of pizza... however, the ankle-biter seems to love the food, and I like the beer, so we seem to end up there quite a bit. It sometimes seems to get busy in the evening, mainly with drinkers, with the food as alcohol-absorbing stodge for those who want it.

I never tried pizza pickup but saw they had a sandwich board outside saying they were voted best pizza in London on trip adviser or something along those lines... Was meaning to try it at some point.

I like Voodoo Rays. It's quick, good variety of pizzas, easy and tasty!

doogleflip Wrote:

> I never tried pizza pickup but saw they had a

> sandwich board outside saying they were voted best

> pizza in London on trip adviser or something along

> those lines... Was meaning to try it at some

> point.

>

> I like Voodoo Rays. It's quick, good variety of

> pizzas, easy and tasty!

dishonestly manipulated the voting themselves, they failed to add. Isn't it peculiar how 'the best pizza shop in London' suddenly closed down? I'd of thought they would be fighting to contain the insatiable demand from breaking down the doors!

Went there once a while back; felt a bit sorry for the owner guy in there who chatted to us. The writing was on the wall (read: going to fail) even back then.

Think they'd had fairly 'meh' reviews from a couple of publications after opening which obviously didn't get them off to a good start, but underlying this, the interior/ambience was all a bit wrong and the pizza, while fine, was unremarkable. They needed at least one (or preferably) both of these to be better have succeeded.

Voodoo Rays looks more inviting in terms of ambience. That said, we've never been in there because the pizzas - sorry, pizza pies - on show look ghastly.

Loutwo Wrote:

> And whilst all this is going on, the debt ridden

> Pizza Express finds itself in big trouble. Is

> pizza saturation point causing its demise?

>

> Louisa.

Wasn't that my point about the debt ridden Pizza Express?

Loutwo Wrote:

> And whilst all this is going on, the debt ridden

> Pizza Express finds itself in big trouble. Is

> pizza saturation point causing its demise?

>

> Louisa.

No one wants a saturated pizza. Base goes all soggy.

Shame, but they were outgunned by Voodoo Ray which opened opposite shortly after they did.

There never used be many places to get decent pizza round here, but now there are quite a few so competition is tough. I went in there a couple of times, and it was absolutely fine, but didn?t really have a USP

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> To me, VDR is almost pizza hut/domino's standard

> of pizza... however, the ankle-biter seems to love

> the food, and I like the beer, so we seem to end

> up there quite a bit. It sometimes seems to get

> busy in the evening, mainly with drinkers, with

> the food as alcohol-absorbing stodge for those who

> want it.

Yep. VDR is actually a great place to take toddlers. Plenty of space, booth seating, good toilets and decent tunes. Pizza menu is limited and its probably mlre a bar tbh but it wins for other reasons. That said its never that busy - another reason I like it.