We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors



All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Posted by Harmlessmischief 19 October, 2019 10:31

I have noticed signs of woodworm on a few of my floorboards. Donít know what to do as pest control will say I have infestation and spray chemicals which will cost loads. I think a timber specialist can do independent evaluation so I am looking local recommendations. Has anyone else had similar problems?

messageRe: Woodworm
Posted by DulwichFox 19 October, 2019 11:10

You need to get someone in who can tell you if any Woodworm is Active or Historic.
You need a reliable person / company who will not scam you into expensive work that is not required.


messageRe: Woodworm
Posted by Harmlessmischief 19 October, 2019 11:23

Thanks. Do you know who or which company does this work? Jo

messageRe: Woodworm
Posted by KidKruger 19 October, 2019 11:25

Just get some treatment materials and paint/spray it yourself.
Thatís all the Ďexpertsí do.

messageRe: Woodworm
Posted by DulwichFox 19 October, 2019 12:15

Hi Harmlessmischief

I have an almost full Can (1 ltr) of Cuprinol WoodWorm killer.

Its a bit old but the can is clean so looks ok .

You are welcome to it Free if you want to pick it up sometime.


messageRe: Woodworm
Posted by sjsl 19 October, 2019 17:05

Might be worth taking up the odd board and checking for signs of wood dust, if you can see any fresh (light wood coloured) then they're active. If nothing it's more likely to be old/historic and was probably treated back in the day.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum