Forum Sponsors

http://www.elwyns.com/

http://www.ellyallen.com/

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageAdvice on bath waste please
Posted by seemster October 26, 06:27PM

Has anyone had a situation similar to this? Or can anyone advise?

[imgur.com] (scroll down to see other photos, not left/right)

The bath waste still turns on the side of the tub but the actual plug has totally "gone" - would it be possible to either a) just buy a plug replacement, and if so, where from; or b) buy the whole thing but just use the new plug part? And if so, where from?

(I've already tried screwfix/toolstation/b&q etc)

TIA!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was october 26, 08:55pm by seemster.

messageRe: Advice on bath waste please
Posted by diable rouge October 26, 06:51PM

Yep, identical problem with a sink, the pop-up waste mechanism has corroded away so that it won't pop-up or close. You need to replace the whole waste not just the pop-up bit you're holding in your hand. I used a plumber to do this, Paul at AKA Plumbing 07794 316551...

Posted by seemster October 26, 08:56PM

My fingers are crossed someone else will say it *is* possible to just replace the plug part, even if I buy the whole thing... but still helpful to know what you did, many thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was october 26, 09:06pm by seemster.

Posted by Jacqui5254 October 27, 11:46AM

This has just happened to me. I definitely did NOT want to replace the whole thing.

Went to Dulwich DIY and a '£2 plug on a chain' later....success!!

Posted by ed_pete October 27, 07:05PM

Iím guessing that the threaded rusted metal is about 5mm diameter. How about buying a short piece of plastic or brass tubing of the same diameter then cutting it to length and gluing it in place. Piece of tubing on eBay less than £5.

Posted by seemster October 27, 07:12PM

Thanks peeps. Plug on a chain will be last resort! Cutting the threaded part has been suggested by others on PM too, will give that a try when Iím home.

Posted by Abe_froeman October 30, 06:14PM

You might try soaking it in WD40 first to get rid of some of the rust, then if you can get the threaded part out replace with a new bolt cut to the right length (you may also need to narrow the head of the bolt...

Posted by Gashubservices November 04, 09:32PM

Contact daniel at gas hub services for all plumbing & heating 07801498084

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum