Neighbours Bamboo

vilma

Need all your help

We are experiencing difficulties with the neighbours invasive and running bamboo coming through our fence and is ruining our plants in our garden have anyone on the forum had experience of this problem? Done the talking to but neighbours believe that its not their problem, any advice would be gratefully received also do any think a tree surgeon would be able deal with this running bamboo.

Please do Pm with your advice.

Thanking you in advance!

If it is coming into your garden below fence level, either you or they need to sink a strong barrier well below soil level to block it from doing that, I would have thought.

It is a different issue from overhanging branches (which yes, you can just cut off on your side) and I doubt a tree surgeon would be the right person to deal with it.

An experienced gardener might be able to help, or if you know someone who is a member of the RHS, ask them to contact the RHS for advice.

Or try googling?

ETA: When I say well below soil level, I mean the bottom of the barrier should be well below soil level. But I have no idea if the bamboo could still get through somehow.

Some types are extremely invasive and it's better to plant them in a buried container of some kind (and even then they can break out of the container!)