Car insurance claim help

blacklashez

Hello , I?m in a bit of a pickle and need some advice ideally from someone who has been in my position or works in the car insurance industry. A young man hit my car from behind in April of this year. It was 100% his fault and he admitted it . Now since April his car insurance have not responded to my car insurance . My insurers can see this was not my fault and gave me my loss ( my car had to be written off ). Now the problem is , my car insurance is due in a months time . This case had not been solved as his insurance company have not paid or responded. Now I?m return my renewel price had doubled ! Last year I paid ?698 and this heat they are asking for ?1298! My insurers said it?s because my case isn?t closed yet. I don?t know how to react as it was clearly not my fault! Can anyone please give me some advice ? I?m 5 months pregnant , hormonal and very angry. If anyone can help that would be great! Thankyou!

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't get it. You say your insurers gave you

> your loss and your car is written off so why are

> you insuring it again?

Depending on the type of damage to the car, you can sometimes still keep it (and hence insure it) even if it is written off and you are given the cash value.

It is sometimes cheaper for insurers to do that than to pay to get the car repaired.

You can then pay to repair it yourself.

ETA: obviously you would only do that if you could get it repaired more cheaply than the money you got for the car when it was written off, or at least for the same amount (assuming you wanted to keep the car).

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think that even if its not your fault, your

> insurance premium still increases.

Surely not to that extent?

Blacklashez try Direct Line for a quote.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I know a lot of experts in the field and getting a franchise was a license to print money, that is why Virgin were so happy to spend lots of dosh challenging government ten years ago when they lost the West Coast franchise.  This will not be overnight, rather than when the franchise has come to the end. Government had previously taking over the operator of last resort when some TOCs screwed up. Good, at last some clear blue water between the parties.  Tories said they were going to do a halfway house, but I've not noticed.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Railways   : "On 19 October 2022, Transport Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan announced that the Transport Bill which would have set up GBR would not go ahead in the current parliamentary session.[15] In February 2023, Transport Secretary Mark Harper re-affirmed the government's commitment to GBR and rail reform.[16] The 2023 King's speech announced the progression of a draft Rail Reform Bill which would enable the establishment of GBR, although it has not been timetabled in the Parliamentary programme.[5] The Transport Secretary Mark Harper later told the Transport Select Committee that the legislation was unlikely to reach Royal Assent within the 2023-2024 parliamentary session.[17]"
    • Can't help thinking that regardless of whether Joe wanted to be interviewed, the 'story' that Southwark News wanted to write just got a lot less interesting with 'tyre shop replaced with ... tyre shop'! 
    • Labour are proposing to nationalise the railways, (passenger trains but not fright)  Whilst it removes them from shareholders control, and potential profit chasing, is it workable or will it end up costing tax payers more in the long run?  On paper the idea is interesting but does it also need the profitable freight arm included to help reduce fares,? 
    • Another recommendation here for Jason.  He came to plaster over a section of ceiling that we had to remove in order to investigate a leak.  He is a really lovely guy, easy to get in touch with and great communication.  He was quick, tidy and competitively priced.  Very happy and I'd have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In