Car insurance claim help

blacklashez

Hello , I?m in a bit of a pickle and need some advice ideally from someone who has been in my position or works in the car insurance industry. A young man hit my car from behind in April of this year. It was 100% his fault and he admitted it . Now since April his car insurance have not responded to my car insurance . My insurers can see this was not my fault and gave me my loss ( my car had to be written off ). Now the problem is , my car insurance is due in a months time . This case had not been solved as his insurance company have not paid or responded. Now I?m return my renewel price had doubled ! Last year I paid ?698 and this heat they are asking for ?1298! My insurers said it?s because my case isn?t closed yet. I don?t know how to react as it was clearly not my fault! Can anyone please give me some advice ? I?m 5 months pregnant , hormonal and very angry. If anyone can help that would be great! Thankyou!

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't get it. You say your insurers gave you

> your loss and your car is written off so why are

> you insuring it again?

Depending on the type of damage to the car, you can sometimes still keep it (and hence insure it) even if it is written off and you are given the cash value.

It is sometimes cheaper for insurers to do that than to pay to get the car repaired.

You can then pay to repair it yourself.

ETA: obviously you would only do that if you could get it repaired more cheaply than the money you got for the car when it was written off, or at least for the same amount (assuming you wanted to keep the car).

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think that even if its not your fault, your

> insurance premium still increases.

Surely not to that extent?

Blacklashez try Direct Line for a quote.