Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageJust for fun: take this quiz to find out what kind of Ramen you are...
Posted by Fiona_1087 November 07, 10:58PM

Ever wondered what kind of ramen you are based on how you behave on a night out? 😂 😆
Well apparently now you can:

[www.southeast15.com]

messageRe: Just for fun: take this quiz to find out what kind of Ramen you are...
Posted by KalamityKel November 08, 06:26AM

What's a ramen?

messageRe: Just for fun: take this quiz to find out what kind of Ramen you are...
Posted by Fiona_1087 November 08, 11:06AM

ramen noodles!

Posted by Seabag November 10, 07:37AM

I wasted 15 seconds clicking that link before my brain kicked in with “have you really clicked on a link to find out what kind of Ramen you are?!”

Stoopid!

Posted by KalamityKel November 10, 11:16AM

Seabag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wasted 15 seconds clicking that link before my
> brain kicked in with “have you really clicked on a
> link to find out what kind of Ramen you are?!”
>
> Stoopid!

Ya noodle! :-P

Posted by seenbeen November 10, 12:57PM

I wouldn't have known what ramen was but I'd just watched some tv programme set in a jail where ramen was currency.

Posted by f1ggy November 11, 07:22AM

Ramen is the traditional noodles of Japan, right?
I always confuse it with the Kamen Riders game on Apknite, lmao!

Posted by fishbiscuits November 11, 05:14PM

You can find many types of noodles and noodle dishes in Japan... Ramen refers to a specific type of noodle served in a broth (pork bone broth seems most common) with toppings.

Americans sometimes just refer to dried instant noodles generically as "ramen" - I don't think it's necessarily technically accurate, but as with many things, once it has entered common parlance, there's little point arguing with it. But I don't think that usage is really common here.

Posted by Spartacus November 11, 05:50PM

If you've ever read Speaker for the Dead

Hierarchy of Foreignness

The Hierarchy of Foreignness was a classification system of humans and other species designed by Valentine Wiggin in her "Letter to the Framlings" as Demosthenes, for classifying how "alien" an individual was relative to a subject.

It was organized in four tiers, from least alien to most:

Utlänning

An utlänning was defined as a stranger recognized as human from the same planet as a subject, but of a different nation or city.

Utlänning means "foreigner" in Swedish.

Främling

A främling was defined as a stranger recognized as human, but from a different planet than a subject.

Främling means "stranger" in Swedish

Ramen

Ramen were defined as strangers recognized as "human", but of another sentient species entirely. The term was only ever used to refer to the entire species as a whole rather than an individual member.

Ramen means "the frame" or "the framework" in Swedish.

Varelse

Varelse were defined as true aliens; they may or may not be sentient beings, but are so foreign that no meaningful communication is possible with the subject.

Varelse means "creature" in Swedish.

Possibly NOT helpful at all ...

Posted by Fiona_1087 Yesterday, 11:32PM

so... what kind of ramen are you?

Posted by Spartacus Yesterday, 11:35PM

Humans, Buggers or piggies ?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum