Christmas adverts

Spartacus

Tis the season to be jolly well coerced into spending

Question : do Christmas adverts make you want to shop with the advertiser or do they leave you frosty the snowman cold ?

The one that is driving me not to use them is for a delivery company beginning with A and a smile logo. The whole advert (and the company) annoys me enough not to use them.

Bah Humbug

They leave me cold too and I don't want to shop with them. The amount of food and clothing portrayed puts me off too and all for one day! Don't get me wrong but it's all too soon and too much when there's people starving across the globe.

The advert out recently referring to Christmas as 'Chrimbo' also makes me cringe. I can't even remember the name of the shop it's that bad.

Cheristams day is well over six weeks away. If they want to promote do so from the start of December.

Similarly the hype of Black Friday, actually I find the term Black in Black Friday offensive, why not call it sales Friday, but then its yet another American thing that has been introduced to get people who can't afford it to spend money they don't have and get into further debt. But the companies don't care as long as they have the opportunity to fleece any mug stupid enough to get caught up in the hype. Similar to all the hype for Christmas, again get people to spend money they don't have, can't afford and have not thought through the consequences, till the debt collector arrives to get their dues.

Nice

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cheristams day is well over six weeks away. If

> they want to promote do so from the start of

> December.

>

> Similarly the hype of Black Friday, actually I

> find the term Black in Black Friday offensive, why

> not call it sales Friday, but then its yet another

> American thing that has been introduced to get

> people who can't afford it to spend money they

> don't have and get into further debt. But the

> companies don't care as long as they have the

> opportunity to fleece any mug stupid enough to get

> caught up in the hype. Similar to all the hype for

> Christmas, again get people to spend money they

> don't have, can't afford and have not thought

> through the consequences, till the debt collector

> arrives to get their dues.

> Nice

Supposedly Black as in accounts being in the black rather than the red.

to me it's always the day when everybody gets drunk and fights (Friday before Xmas).

Black Friday is linked to thanksgiven so not sure why we celebrate it apart from an excuse to get a "bargain" online or in the shops.

Sadly it then kills Christmas sales for the retailers as who wants to pay more for an item that was cheaper as part of Black Friday / cyber Monday and will be cheaper again in the January sales that have to now start pre Christmas

Obviously here is a case of where UK retailers have shot themselves in the foot by following US practices

The adverts are driving me to shop more and more with smaller local retailers

Spartacus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I actually feel sick when I see the gluttony

> adverts for processed Christmas food

>

> After all this isn't any old Christmas food, this

> is diabetes inducing unhealthy fat , sugar and

> salt filled Christmas food.

Erm.... it?s the middle of Winter festival

What do you expect?

This morning, I was rudely awoken from a deep sleep by an automated phone call that my Amazon prime membership was renewing at 39.99 a month (I don't have prime)

Obviously I put the phone down and its that time of be year where the power of adverts makes you want to use their service, and the scammers are playing on this. The joy of Christmas scams 🤔