Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

http://www.elwyns.com/

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageThermal socks for Homeless
Posted by siousxiesue November 20, 09:24PM

I have a bag of new mens socks and some new underwear, and it was meant for a homeless project in town, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Is there a local place to take these please?

messageRe: Thermal socks for Homeless
Posted by ChoumertMatt November 20, 10:36PM

Id love them for my homeless shelter and can pick them up Thursday?

Posted by siousxiesue November 21, 11:06AM

ChoumertMatt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Id love them for my homeless shelter and can pick
> them up Thursday?

Where is the shelter Matt? Happy to take myself

Posted by ChoumertMatt November 21, 12:07PM

We are the Robes Project shelter at Copleston Church, Copleston Centre, in funnily enough, Copleston Road. Leave them at the main desk if it is open. Or youll have to call me to come round and let you in. Matt

Posted by Sue November 21, 08:23PM

ChoumertMatt, I have been clearing out my loft.

I have a pair of walking boots I don't want. They have plenty of wear left in them, but they are thirty years old.

I don't want to offend anybody by offering something old that they would not want, on the other hand somebody might prefer these to something more flimsy in the Winter (they are old style walking boots, leather with thick soles).

Would you be able to make use of them? They are size six and a half (I bought them in Australia, but I think the sizing must be the same as here).

If so, I'll give them a clean and some new laces and drop them round to the Copleston Centre.

Posted by ChoumertMatt November 22, 12:38PM

Dear Sue,

Thank you for this. At present we are unable to take used shoes but only new, or nearly new ones. Thank you for your generous offer, but most shoes and walking boots take a bit of time to mould a foot, and older items may cause blisters even if they have been used for half a day.

Thank you for your kind and generous offer.

With all good wishes,

Matthew

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum