Christmas Dinner 2019

Seabag

What are the trends for the festive Dinner this coming Christmas?

I?m personally not cooking this time, but I?m pleased to know someone else is. I?m a guest not a host this year. Plus my kids are pretty grown up now, so it?s not as full on as it once was.

In the past I?ve cooked Goose, Hams, Cockerel and of course Turkey. I?m glad to have done it, but I?ve made life simpler over the years, cutting down on the sheer volume of food.

However, I?ll probably cook a couple of light lunch/ dinners for the days in between, only I?m undecided on just what to cook. I wonder what you?re cooking or making at home in preparation for the Christmas holiday.

Are you going out, to a restaurant. Staying home, or getting out or away.

What are you making and what are you buying. Are you going full-on-with-all-the-trimmings. Veg or Vegan, Dairy or gluten free, or pescatarian even.

Or maybe going off plan and doing something completely different?

Christmas is an abstract/confused concept. What are you celebrating? The solstice? Or the supposed birth of a prophet/messiah etc? Or just the melding of everything that has turned out for some to be the only day the family get together (I find funerals are better in that respect, more jolly and less bad feeling).

Bah humbug.

Remember a dog is not just for Christmas, you can have it cold on boxing day, curry it after that and then use the bones for stock