Christmas Dinner 2019

Seabag

What are the trends for the festive Dinner this coming Christmas?

I?m personally not cooking this time, but I?m pleased to know someone else is. I?m a guest not a host this year. Plus my kids are pretty grown up now, so it?s not as full on as it once was.

In the past I?ve cooked Goose, Hams, Cockerel and of course Turkey. I?m glad to have done it, but I?ve made life simpler over the years, cutting down on the sheer volume of food.

However, I?ll probably cook a couple of light lunch/ dinners for the days in between, only I?m undecided on just what to cook. I wonder what you?re cooking or making at home in preparation for the Christmas holiday.

Are you going out, to a restaurant. Staying home, or getting out or away.

What are you making and what are you buying. Are you going full-on-with-all-the-trimmings. Veg or Vegan, Dairy or gluten free, or pescatarian even.

Or maybe going off plan and doing something completely different?

Christmas is an abstract/confused concept. What are you celebrating? The solstice? Or the supposed birth of a prophet/messiah etc? Or just the melding of everything that has turned out for some to be the only day the family get together (I find funerals are better in that respect, more jolly and less bad feeling).

Bah humbug.

Remember a dog is not just for Christmas, you can have it cold on boxing day, curry it after that and then use the bones for stock

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Or don't stop using cash. Stop using your phone or even your watch as a banknote. At the same time avoid the risk of having your card cloned at cash points, by hand held card readers, oyster readers and point-of sale terminals to name a few. God only knows how much damage we're doing to the planet because all the above must require a hell of a lot of resources and juice from the grid. It won't happen though. I know of quite a few people who deem carrying cash about as a pain/ chore. But not a big lump of plastic with a screen and full of personal information that can be easily gleamed. I feel the same about carrying a phone about so i don't most of the time. I'll be in the minority but certainly don't see or treat a phone as a necessity.  You can't get a banknote out of your sky rocket with a phone in your hand. It's become a source of dopamine for many. It's an addiction for many. They're an easy target for thieves. They're a godsend to cyber fraudsters who are stealing billions and are doing so without the need of cash points.
    • There used to be an Osteopath at The Gardens (not physio) but they have since left.
    • I have a vague memory that the bird was called snowball 
    • Yes they do..It means a queue but its the safer option if one has the time.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In