Cruises, all inclusive and center parcs. Good or bad

malumbu

I'd find it difficult to do any of these but those that do swear by them. Chatting to a mate yesterday who had done an all inclusive to Marrakesh. That really surprised me, missing out on staying in a Riad, eating at local restaurants. I happily went without booze for the cultural hit, as opposed to five star luxury.

That's about as far as I will go in criticising such holidays. What are your experiences, good and bad.

I've fibbed slightly but will explain more later.

When I was a kid Centre Parcs was good, so probably similar now I'm a parent. I'd go again.

Personally a trip to Morocco all-inclusive seems nuts but I do have relatives there which makes moving around the place and staying in or visiting lesser known places very easy. Never had any booze issues - always plenty on offer where appropriate. I've only had one notably difficult experience in Morocco.

This year we were looking at some options when planning a trip to Greece. In the end I booked pretty much everything separately so that we could go where we wanted and stay whenever. It worked like clockwork and guess what... it was cheaper.

Shan't be going on any cruises again. Too restrictive and doesn't look a good compromise carbon-wise.

You can get booze in loads of places in Marrakech?

Never yet stayed in a hotel where the first restaurant/bar down the road doesn't have a better ambience or food - all inclusive is terrible in terms of quality of offer. Even the booze tends to be bog-standard chip brands. Only way I think it makes sense is if you're a massive boozer (or eater) who doesn't care about quality.

Hemingway Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You can get booze in loads of places in

> Marrakech?

>

> Never yet stayed in a hotel where the first

> restaurant/bar down the road doesn't have a better

> ambience or food - all inclusive is terrible in

> terms of quality of offer. Even the booze tends to

> be bog-standard chip brands. Only way I think it

> makes sense is if you're a massive boozer (or

> eater) who doesn't care about quality.

Years ago in Hurghada I drank Stella with the locals and it wasn't Stella Artois

http://www.alahrambeverages.com/brands/stella/

The locals were all great until the police arrived then they pretended not to know me :)