Forum Sponsors

https://urbanistarchitecture.co.uk/free-architect-consultation/

All Round Renovation

www.nannycentral.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageCan wool carpets really be cleaned?
Posted by bobby's bear November 28, 03:26PM

Our wool stair carpets have taken a battering over the years what with small kids and home improvements.

I had them cleaned a few years ago by someone recommended on here and I ended up several hundred pounds lighter with damp carpets that smelt of wet dog that weren't any cleaner to the naked eye.

Carpets are pricey and they've only been down 6 years, so before I look at replacing them I was wondering if anyone had any more success with carpet cleaning?

messageRe: Can wool carpets really be cleaned?
Posted by nxjen November 28, 04:06PM

Post deleted as I hadnít seen you were asking about cleaning a carpet on the stairs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was november 28, 04:09pm by nxjen.

Posted by KidKruger November 29, 12:46PM

Itís a hassle, but hire the gear and do it yourself over a weekend at your own pace, going over it as many times as you see fit until satisfied.

Posted by Jules-and-Boo November 29, 01:42PM

you should steam clean them - and preferably in summer on a nice breezy day so they will dry

Posted by Seabag December 02, 08:16AM

Iíd run a dehumidifier for a few days after, everything dries probably then

Posted by JohnL December 02, 10:32AM

My mum used to do ours by hand with a carpet cleaner brush in the 70s/80s - she had all wool throughout the house.

I'd hire equipment now smiling smiley

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum