Tuesday December 3rd 1600-2000 - Demo - No to Trump - No to NATO - National Demonstration

IlonaM

Source: https://www.facebook.com/events/trafalgar-square/no-to-trump-no-to-nato-national-demonstration/2252408285016137/

DEC3 - No to Trump - No to NATO - National Demonstration

Public ? Hosted by Stop the War Coalition and 8 others

Tuesday, 3 December 2019 from 16:00-20:00 UTC

Trafalgar Square

London, United Kingdom

Details

4pm ? Assemble on south of Trafalgar Square for speeches & music.

5pm ? March leaves Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace via The Mall.

5.45pm ? Arrives at Canada Gate opposite Buckingham Palace.

6pm ? NATO reception begins.

7pm ? R3 Soundsystem: Dance Music Against Trump at Buckingham Gate.

We are encouraging everyone to bring glow sticks and fairy lights etc for visibility as well horns, whistles, pots, pans and other instruments to make as much noise as possible at the protest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donald Trump is coming to London in December for the NATO Heads of State summit. On Tuesday 3rd December, the Queen will be hosting a reception for NATO leaders at Buckingham Palace and it's crucial we raise our voices against the world's largest nuclear-armed military alliance which is overseen by one of the most reckless US Presidents in history.

Donald Trump is a racist, a misogynist and a climate change denier who threatens communities at home while destabilising the rest of the globe.

NATO, as an aggressive and expansionist nuclear and military alliance, plays a dangerous global role ? it?s still in Afghanistan 18 years on and is expanding further into Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Latin America. Turkey, a NATO member, is currently attacking the Kurds in North Eastern Syria.

The summit is a crucial opportunity for our movement to oppose Trump, his nuclear warmongering, interventionism and destructive social and political agenda. Let?s unite against war and military aggression and ensure President Trump's visit to Britain will be met with the response that it deserves.

Assemble at 4PM in Trafalgar Square on 3rd December for music and speeches before we march to Buckingham Palace saying loud and clear: no to Trump, no to NATO!

See less

Indeed. I suspect the 'no to Nato' is the 'Stop the War' addition, as I haven't seen the other groups advertising it as that. I have the impression it is a 'No to Trump' demonstration predominantly attracting those opposed to racism, climate change denial and the other ills he is known for.

As for Nato, I wonder what the original poster has to say about Putin in Ukraine, Crimea and Syria. China's expansion into the South pacific etc. Or are we only going to blame America for global tensions, armed conflict etc and ignore the role all of these superpowers play?

Actually I'm pro-NATO, but no to Trump. I have spent my career protecting the rights of those impacted by humanitarian and human rights crises including Syria, Iraq (twice), Iran, etc.

There are a couple of other causes including NHS not for sale that are also being advertised as part of the same demo.

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Indeed. I suspect the 'no to Nato' is the 'Stop

> the War' addition, as I haven't seen the other

> groups advertising it as that. I have the

> impression it is a 'No to Trump' demonstration

> predominantly attracting those opposed to racism,

> climate change denial and the other ills he is

> known for.

>

> As for Nato, I wonder what the original poster has

> to say about Putin in Ukraine, Crimea and Syria.

> China's expansion into the South pacific etc. Or

> are we only going to blame America for global

> tensions, armed conflict etc and ignore the role

> all of these superpowers play?

It's easy to take pops at leaders in democracies....it is abuse of our freedom of speech really when the real insurmountable problems are elsewhere. Much like the activities of Excretion Rebellion (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7742143/Extinction-Rebellion-activists-smeared-faeces-restaurant-walls.html)confined to countries that are already tackling climate change.

As for the NHS being up for grabs- I've got one (word) to add- PFI https://inews.co.uk/news/legacy-pfi-contracts-wasteful-shocking-exclusive-investigation-815305

And you contradict yourself Uncle as people on your part of the politcal spectrum do, by banging on about freedom of speech on the one hand and then sneering at a protest group exercising their right to exactly that on the other.

Geo-politics is a complex thing, you are right about that, but at the same time, the people have every right to hold to account actions taken in their name by global leaders wielding disproportionate amounts of power. And that should start by acknowledging that the left and right are equally accountable on that level.

But protesting against the existence of NATO and the presence of a US president is feeble isn't it? And what war is the Stop the War Coalition trying to stop? It seems to me Trump's trying to get out of these countries. It was Obama who liked to sit in the bunker playing drone strikes.

As for glow sticks and fairy lights, horns, whistles, pots and pans. Children with prams full of toys