employment/insolvency question

maryfandango

Hi all, I'm a regular but want to keep anonymous so I've created a new account hence why you will see no other posts from me!

The company I work for has stopped paying salaries (we haven't been paid for November), and has told us that they don't know when we will be paid next.

We haven't been told that we are redundant, or if the expectation is that we come into the office. We've just been told by email sorry for not paying the November salary and that this will make us stronger (?!), and that's it.

I've also just found out that in September they put a CVA in place (there were no redundancies at the time, and we weren't notified of what was going on).

Any advice as to:

1- what are the chances of ever being paid the November salary?

2- Should I carry on coming into the office?

Obviously my CV is getting a deluxe valet service, but in the meantime it feels as if I'm working for free?

Thank you for any advice!

Hi,

ACAS have a very good site and helpline for employment advice: https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1339

'Calling the Acas helpline

If you have not been able to find an answer on the Acas website, Helpline Online or if you need help with resolving a dispute or a problem in your workplace you may wish to talk to a Acas Helpline Adviser. Before you call the Acas helpline please take some time to read the employment law and employment relations guidance related to your call.

It can also be helpful to keep a note of any guidance pages you visit as this can help you and the adviser if you need to refer to this information during your conversation.

Before making your call please make sure you have with you:

a pen and some paper

your contract (if available)

notes about any information you may wish to discuss.

The Acas helpline number is 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm.'

Best wishes for a quick resolution.