Peregrine Falcon

Brulysses

I saw one stooping and swooping above Denmark Hill railway station this morning, and then it roosted on the Sally Army church tower opposite. I'm not sure if there is a pair living there, but it would be fab if there was, might make a little dent in the ever expanding parakeet population.

I've often seen peregrines in summer flying around the Sally Army tower ? the adults use it to help teach the fledglings to fly and hunt. It wouldn't surprise me if a pair took up residence, as it's a perfect spot. Parakeets are definitely possible prey, but peregrines mainly go for the slower feral pigeons.

Yeah, right... From the RSPB: "Ring-necked parakeets are usually vegetarian in their natural habitat in Asia, but in Britain they are omnivorous, taking any kind of scraps available in urban and suburban environment.

Ring-necked parakeets feed on a wide variety of fruit, berries, nuts, seeds, grain, household scraps, and even meat."

No mention of predating kittens and mice.

I saw a sparrow hawk take a sparrow which had settled on the floor for a moment. It was over in the Tobacco Dock complex in Wapping .

I?d been doing an event there, and it was right at the end, as the light was fading. It was such an awesome sight.