parking ticket even though machines out of order?

Lebanums

I got a parking ticket this morning at Peckham Levels, the ticket machines were out of order & the pay by phone app would not let me do so. I challenged this with Southwark council as their evidence also showed that the machine was out of order but I am still liable for the charge as I am supposed to move my car if the machines are not working, something I was unaware of and is not publicised.

I can wait for the next notice to be sent and challenge again and then an independent adjudicator, does anyone have any previous experience with this?

Just another disgusting way of making money out of people.

This happened to me a few years back. I parked in the multi story before it was turned into the levels and took my Nan up to Franks Cafe. She was in a wheel chair at the time and had been quite poorly. The machine was broken and the car park was practically deserted. I got a fine, appealed and lost the appeal! They said there are other machines in the car park that I could have used... On the plus side, my Nan had a wonderful time up there and I have some very happy memories. She's now passed away.